Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help!!! My OfficeJet printer keeps showing that it is offline.  I have done a network diagnostic which tells me that all is OK.  I have switched my printer off and on and it is still not reconnecting.  I am operating Windows 10.  I have already had to reinstall the printer once before and this helped for a little while but just keeps happening.  This is frustrating me no end.  Nothing seems to help. I also work fulltime in Western Australia so by the time I get home from work all the contact options are closed down.  Any advice please would be most appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Use this program to totally remove the HP software.

Use http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php .  Use Powerful Scan at the end to delete all registry entries.

Now download and reinstall the software from the HP web site.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Please provide the following relevant information so someone can help including:

Printer Model - done

Complete and Detailed Problem Description including all network devices-

Operating System of computer (including service pack revision) - done

Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless, Wireless Direct? -

Make and model of router and modem? -

Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? -

Do you think the printer is going to sleep and can’t wake up? -

If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on printer, on, off or blinking? –

Power off printer and router.  Power on router and wait 3 mins, power on printer.  Does it connect to the router now?  What is the printers IP address?

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks so much for your reply.

Printer is hardwired with an Ethernet Cable (assuming this means LAN).

Router is a Sagemcom Gateway Fast 3864 which was supplied by ISP Provider

No error messages on printer itself, just an error message that pops up in the bottom RH side of my computer advising that printer is offline and saying that network is not online but diagnostic says it is online.

Printer is not waking up from sleep when something is set to print but even if I manually wake it up nothing happens then either.

Just did as suggested and powered off both modem and printer and powered back up again, still showing as offline in computer settings.

IP address is showing as 192.168.0.3...Any information you can supply will be gratefully accepted.

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Let’s download and run the HP Print and Scan doctor, what does this say?

Get it here:  HP Print and Scan Doctor

HP Recommended

Just ran the scan and it is telling me that there is a problem with the Software that cannot be fixed by the tool and that I am to reinstall.  Unfortunately this is what happened last time and I reinstalled.  It rang good for a while but then it all happened again.  Don't know if it means anything but I went into the Device Manager and under Printers it is only listing the fax and not the printer.

HP Recommended

Use this program to totally remove the HP software.

Use http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php .  Use Powerful Scan at the end to delete all registry entries.

Now download and reinstall the software from the HP web site.

HP Recommended

Thanks will give that a try and let you know how I go. 🙂

HP Recommended

If you are using Wireless connection :

1. Your Printe: find out Network IP addess:

Settings>Tools>Network Configuration Report

iPv4> IP address, write it down

2. Your PC:

Start> Settings> Devices> Printers> double click your printer ( network)> See What's Printing>Printer (Document, View)> Properties> Ports,   Look for the name of your printer if it is listed

If you don;'t find the name of fyour Printer, Add Port> choose Standard TCP/IP Port, New Port

Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizerd, type the IP address from your printer > Next> Add> OK

I could print by doing this, at least for now!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.