Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2630
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi, my printer is having issues printing. I tried cleaning the cartridges, using the software to do a self-clean, did a second level self-clean. Followed all the steps on the support pages. Literally did everything. Still not printing normally. Unfortunately, I can't attach images to show how it prints. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the printer sits unused for any period of time the ink will dry in the printhead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Try a new black cartridge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. The one I have now has only been used maybe twice.

I would also like to add that when trying to print the reports from the printer I can barely make out that it says that the ink level is okay and that I have genuine HP ink cartridges.

HP Recommended

If the printer sits unused for any period of time the ink will dry in the printhead.

HP Recommended

Printer is printing as if it is out of ink. I am on Instant Ink plan so unable to change cartridge's. Tried removing cartridge and shaking it but no better results.

HP Recommended

@harold231 have tried cleaning the ink cartridges?

HP Recommended

@harold231, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I feel my problem with printer not printing properly is because it was setting 4 yrs without being used. I went did everything instructions say to do but didnt resolve problem. I bought new cartridges but problem is still not resolved.  Is there any way to get it working properly again?

HP Recommended

@Lisa2020 , what is the model #?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.