Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My printer doesn't scan and I don't know why its jet pro 6960

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nairamo,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When troubleshooting your HP Officejet Pro 6960 scanner, there are a few steps you can take to identify and hopefully resolve the issue.

• Check Connections: Ensure that all cables are securely connected between your printer and computer. If you're using a wireless connection, make sure your printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
  • Restart Devices: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Try restarting both your printer and your computer.
  • Update Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your printer. You can usually download these from the HP website. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause scanning issues.
  • Check Scanner Settings: Make sure the scanner settings are configured correctly. On the printer's control panel, navigate to the scanning settings and ensure they match your desired preferences.
  • Test with Different Software: Try scanning from different software applications (e.g., HP Scan software, Windows Fax and Scan, etc.) to see if the issue is specific to one program.
  • Verify Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Sometimes, security software can block scanning functionality. Check your firewall and antivirus settings to ensure they're not interfering with the scanning process.
  • Run HP Print and Scan Doctor: HP provides a diagnostic tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor, which can help identify and resolve common printing and scanning issues. You can download it from the HP website and run it to see if it detects any problems.
  • Reset Printer: As a last resort, you can try resetting your printer to its factory settings. This will revert all settings to their defaults, which may resolve any underlying issues. However, be aware that this will also erase any custom settings you've configured.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a hardware problem with your scanner.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.