Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9015e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer's WiFi was somehow disabled (it wouldn't connect at all, the blue light wouldn't light up), so I did a semi-full reset.  The blue wifi light is now blinking, so it looks like this will resolve that issue, but I'm at the step where it wants me to register the printer and create an HP account (Smart App account).  I had previously done this, so I already have the account set up and printer registered.  How should I proceed?  Do I need to remove the printer and close the account, then set it up again?  I have the 6-month free trial for the Instant Ink program, so I'm not sure how that will be affected if I close, then re-set up the account.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JaimeMM, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are trying to re-setup the printer. As the printer was reset to its factory settings, the Instant Ink data on the printer is also deleted.

You will have to re-enroll the printer in Instant Ink to resume printing. There will not be any charge.

Do not delete the printer from the existing account.

If the blue light is blinking, it means it is not connected to a network yet.

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

For assistance with enrollment, refer to - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.