Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e All-in-One Printer

Officejet Pro 8025.  I replaced my router and now get this error when I try to change the wireless network settings or if I try to do a factory reset.  How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Saput,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The error message "This feature has been locked by the person who set up the printer" on your HP Officejet Pro 8025 typically appears when Administrator settings have been locked to prevent unauthorized changes. If you've replaced your router and need to update the printer's network settings or perform a reset, you'll need to unlock these settings first. Here’s how you can resolve this issue:

Steps to Unlock the Printer Settings

Access the Printer’s Control Panel:

• Check the printer for a display screen. Navigate to the settings or setup menu.

Enter the Administrator Settings or Setup Menu:

• You might need the Administrator password if it was set previously. If you know the password, proceed to enter it when prompted.

Look for an Option to Unlock Settings:

• In the settings menu, search for an option related to security or administrator settings. This section often includes options to lock or unlock settings.

Reset the Administrator Password (if needed):

• If you do not know the Administrator password, you may need to perform a reset. Since you mentioned the factory reset option is also locked, follow the alternative reset method:
    • Turn off the printer.
    • While it’s turned off, hold down the resume/cancel button (or a similar button depending on the model).
    • Turn on the printer while still holding the button. Hold the button until the printer begins its initialization process.
    • This may reset the settings including the administrator lock (Note: Not all models support this method, and it might require several attempts or variations).

Change Network Settings:

• Once the settings are unlocked, navigate to the network settings where you can set up the new connection to your new router. You will need to know your new Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.