Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 150

Hello,

I recently purchased an OfficeJet 150 and was curious what the little hatch on the underside of the printer was.

What is it? Why is it there? AND WHY IS HP FORCING ITS CUSTOMERS TO SPEND AN ADDITOINAL $50 A UNIT TO REPLACE IT? Is selling us a teaspoon of ink per cartridge not enough?

I was quite thrilled with this new printer until I discovered this little hatch.

From,

Incredibly Annoyed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

The Ink Service Module (ISM) is where the ink goes to when the print cartridges are being serviced.

For a typical customer, they should not have to replace the ISM during the life of the printer.

Be careful when you turn the printer over because if the ink in the ISM is not completely dried (as when you just had some printing done), the ink may spill out!

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

The Ink Service Module (ISM) is where the ink goes to when the print cartridges are being serviced.

For a typical customer, they should not have to replace the ISM during the life of the printer.

Be careful when you turn the printer over because if the ink in the ISM is not completely dried (as when you just had some printing done), the ink may spill out!

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

I will most likely not need to buy a new one? 

FANTASTIC!

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

OK I got an error from my M470 about ink service module being full, never saw little door before, can I wash out module and reinstall?

HP Recommended

Hi @jlister32 

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Yes, you can do that, please be careful not to stain your belongings.

This document will show you how, especially to reset the counter after washing.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01462596

Hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.