Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6500 E710-z All-in-One Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Page 14 of the User Guide for this printer shows a wireless light that should be lit when Wireless Radio is "ON", This light is not lit even though the set up menu display shows the light is "ON".  Broken light?  Broken wire?  Broken printer?  I have problems setting up a laptop to communicate wirelessly with this printer.  I have a desktop with the same OS that connects and prints/scans OK wirelessly with this printer.  The OS however does not show a connection.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  I don't want to specd a ton of money for repair or buy a new printer since I have over $100 in spare ink for this one.

Sincerely,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DavidBartlett

Glad to have you back Dave.

I understand that the printer appears to be connected wireless network and prints fine from your desktop computer. But the wireless light does not come on. 

This appears to be that the led light for the wireless symbol has gone bad. I suggest you to continue to use the printer because the printer works fine otherwise. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted for any further questions.

Take care! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DavidBartlett

Glad to have you back Dave.

I understand that the printer appears to be connected wireless network and prints fine from your desktop computer. But the wireless light does not come on. 

This appears to be that the led light for the wireless symbol has gone bad. I suggest you to continue to use the printer because the printer works fine otherwise. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted for any further questions.

Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you, Sir!  You continue to be a font of good recommendations.  My appreciation  to you

Sincerely, 

Dave

HP Recommended

@DavidBartlett

You're welcome Dave and thanks for your kindness.

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.