Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

i try to print a picture and it goes through but it comes out blank and the top left button on the printer turns red im not sure what to do

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @joelle_mask,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there could be several reasons why your HP printer is printing blank pages and showing a red light. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check Ink Levels: Ensure that the ink or toner cartridges in your printer have enough ink or toner. If they are low or empty, replace them with new cartridges.
  • Printer Head Alignment: Run a printer head alignment or cleaning process. This can often resolve issues with blank prints caused by clogged printer heads.
  • Printer Settings: Make sure the printer settings are correct. Check that you're printing to the correct printer and that the settings (such as paper size, type, and quality) are appropriate for the picture you're trying to print.
  • Test Print: Try printing a test page or a simple text document to see if the printer is able to print anything at all. If it prints fine, the issue might be specific to the picture you're trying to print.
  • Driver Update: Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause printing problems.
  • Check for Error Messages: If there's a specific error message displayed on the printer or your computer, take note of it. This can help pinpoint the issue more accurately.
  • Restart Printer: Sometimes a simple restart of the printer can resolve temporary issues.
  • Paper Quality: Make sure you're using the correct type of paper for the printer. Low-quality or incompatible paper may not produce good prints.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.