Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I cant WiFi connect HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer to internet... at least I think that is the problem. I have followed all the instructions on HP Print and Scan Doctor as well as Troubleshoot HP Installation Failure. My router is running fine for everything else and I have entered the static address for the printer into the router.  It appears that my printer believes it is connected to my WiFi (Ihave WPS it multiple times), but when I type it's IP address into my IE nothing shows up. My router doesn't appear to see the printer either. I have the latest driver installed on my computer. I suspect this may be a router issue: new router Asus Double 450 Mbps  N Router (Dual band - but it appears my router is using the 2.4Hz band to communicate with WPS). Windows 7 64. 

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello NRHII,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to connect the Officejet 8600 over a wireless connection. I will do my best to assist you! I would recommend power cycling the router, printer and computer:

1) Turn off your printer
2) Disconnect the power cord from the back of the router
3) Restart your computer
4) Wait less than 60 seconds, plug the power cord back into the router
5) Turn your printer back on, wait for the computer to turn on

Is the wireless light blinking on your printer? If so, please reconnect the wireless on your printer by using the wireless setup wizard: (This information is stated here.)

1. On the printer touch screen, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
  2. Touch the Setup icon ( ).
  3. Touch Network , touch Wireless Setup Wizard , and then touch Continue . The printer searches for available networks.
  4. Touch the name of your network, and then touch OK .
  5. If prompted, enter the network password, and then touch OK . The printer connects to the network.

Also, as I was typing this post TreeFrog posted some great information to follow.

Have you followed this entire HP document on Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection? If not, follow this document. Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dual band routers are great for getting more band width to the internet.  They can be a bit problematic though if you want to have internal communication between devices.  Depending on the configuration of the router you may or may not get communication between devices on the 2.4 and 5ghz bands.  If you can I would temporarialy disable the 5ghz band on the router and see if that helps.  If it does there is probably a setting you can change to get network traffic to route between the two bands that will solve your problem.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Sometimes it takes several posts back and forth to get to a solution - please be patient.
I am employed by HP
HP Recommended

Hello NRHII,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to connect the Officejet 8600 over a wireless connection. I will do my best to assist you! I would recommend power cycling the router, printer and computer:

1) Turn off your printer
2) Disconnect the power cord from the back of the router
3) Restart your computer
4) Wait less than 60 seconds, plug the power cord back into the router
5) Turn your printer back on, wait for the computer to turn on

Is the wireless light blinking on your printer? If so, please reconnect the wireless on your printer by using the wireless setup wizard: (This information is stated here.)

1. On the printer touch screen, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
  2. Touch the Setup icon ( ).
  3. Touch Network , touch Wireless Setup Wizard , and then touch Continue . The printer searches for available networks.
  4. Touch the name of your network, and then touch OK .
  5. If prompted, enter the network password, and then touch OK . The printer connects to the network.

Also, as I was typing this post TreeFrog posted some great information to follow.

Have you followed this entire HP document on Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection? If not, follow this document. Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

JUST SAYING UPFRONT ...DON'T GET TO TECHNICAL.

I HAVE ATT-UVERSE  AS MY INTERNET SERVER. HAD TO HAVE A NEW GATEWAY PUT IN SO THAT REQUIRED A NEW ID AND WIRELESS PASSWORD WHICH THE TECH ENTERED FOR ME. PRINTER WILL NOT MAINTAIN THE PASSWORD, SO EACH TIME I GET READY TO PRINT I HAVE TO RE-ENTER THE PW.  DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH OLD GATEWAY.  WHAT CAN I DO?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.