Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8500A Pro Premiu
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printer displayed "Checking Printer. This process might take several minutes. "

After 10 minutes I tried to exit cycle by hitting red X on front panel, and got following message " The maintenance cannot be interrupted". Screen said to press button, but that has no impact. Appears to be in an  infinite loop.

After 30 minutes turned printer off, and restarted but ran into the same problem.

Tried to delete pending printing jobs, and was successful with all except one: Microsoft Office Outlook-  Memo style. Status field says "Deleting - Error".

How do I get my printer to again function?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Ricko1, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand you are getting the error The maintenance cannot be interrupted by your printer.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you are getting the error The maintenance cannot be interrupted by your printer.

Try the steps recommended below.

Turn on the printer.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
   NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.
Try to print.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try performing a semi-full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

since the steps to perform a semi-full reset is confidential. I will send you the steps in a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Ricko1, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand you are getting the error The maintenance cannot be interrupted by your printer.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you are getting the error The maintenance cannot be interrupted by your printer.

Try the steps recommended below.

Turn on the printer.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
   NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.
Try to print.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try performing a semi-full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

since the steps to perform a semi-full reset is confidential. I will send you the steps in a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Solution worked like a charm. Can't find button to mark as an accepted solution, but it worked just fine.

HP Recommended

Your solution worked. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Ricko1, You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Having the same problem. Your solution does NOT work. Can you please send me the "confidential" solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.