Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

HP 6968 inkjet  - I had a printer error code  it said the printheads are dirty.  I have installed new cartridges and run the printhead clean operation 3 times.  The printer still will not print. It displays "There is a problem with the printhead".  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @tjdj0214,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already taken some troubleshooting steps, but it's frustrating when the issue persists. Here are a few additional suggestions you can try:

• Manual Cleaning: Sometimes, the automatic cleaning process doesn't fully resolve the issue. You can try manually cleaning the printheads. HP usually provides instructions on how to do this in the printer's user manual or on their website. Typically, it involves using a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water or isopropyl alcohol to gently wipe the printheads.
  • Printhead Alignment: Ensure that the printheads are properly aligned. Most printers have a utility or option in the settings menu to align the printheads. Follow the instructions provided in the printer's manual or on the control panel to perform this task.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, updating the firmware can resolve certain issues, including printhead problems.  Update the firmware on an HP printer

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.