Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer display states that all color and black Cartridges need to be replaced. With that message I purchase a new print head. Same display then I replaced all the Cartridges with new hp Cartridges. Same display all need to be replaced. Does the hp 7525 have a reset somewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jtlaptop

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to reset the printer.

I’d love to help!

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @jtlaptop

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to reset the printer.

I’d love to help!

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not see your instruction?

HP Recommended

I do not see your instructions to reset the printer?

HP Recommended

The display never get past the message " One or more cartridges are missing or damaged " All 5 cartridges are indicated. Replaced all 5 with new hp cartridges, Same message! Replaced the print head, same message?

HP Recommended

@jtlaptop

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

If you've received the semi reset instructions on the private message sent to you by the previous tech and that didn't help either,

I recommend you Contact HP to have the printer either repaired/replaced:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not gotten any answers? This is starting to look like a waste of time! I do not need the long dilog of how great you are. Please provide a fix to  the problem! If you can?

HP Recommended

@jtlaptop

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand this could be frustrating, however, please remember that we are only here to help you,

That said, If you haven't received reset instructions yet, try this:

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on the below link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage 

And as mentioned clearly in my last post, if none of those steps work, 

You need to Contact HP to have the printer repaired or replaced.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is due to the fact that the instructions are critical) 😉

Keep me posted,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Never received instruction for a reset!! Buy a xerox printer. goodbye. Tumps Down!

HP Recommended

@jtlaptop

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums, 

I understand your concern and to help you out, 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.