Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

My printer will not load. It is stuck on the display at the first dot. I have reset it, I have unplugged it for hours and plugged it back in. It is connected directly to the wall outlet. I have pressed the power button to try to power cycle in addition to completely unplugging in. I am unable to get it to load so it can be used.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LouisaPalace,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've tried several troubleshooting steps already. If your HP Envy Photo 7855 printer is stuck on the first blue dot and none of the basic troubleshooting steps have worked, here are a few additional things you can try.

• Check for Paper Jams: Even if it doesn't seem like there's a paper jam, it's worth checking all areas of the printer, including the input and output trays, as well as the cartridge access area.
  • Inspect Ink Cartridges: Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed and that there are no obstructions or issues with them. Sometimes a faulty cartridge or one that isn't installed correctly can cause the printer to hang on startup.
  • Update Firmware: Visit the HP website and check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model. Sometimes updating the firmware can resolve issues with the printer's startup sequence.
  • Factory Reset: Perform a factory reset on your printer. This can usually be done by accessing the printer's settings menu. Keep in mind that this will erase any custom settings you've configured on the printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.