Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer - H711a/H711g

Hello,

I have been having issues with my OfficeJet 6600 for a few days now, tried pretty much everything that I could find online.

The printer error reads: There is a problem with the printer or ink system, restart the printer to resolve the issues. If this problem persists, write down the error code provided in the message, and then contact HP support.

I do not have an error code anywhere, and the only additional information the web access provides is "Critical Printer Failure".

I,

-Cleaned the cartridges contacts

-Updated the firmware

-Replaced cartridges

-Restarted the printer (both a simple restart and a cold-reboot).

-Ran every HP utility (to no avail, they don't even see the error state).

Any more tips welcome.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Decafeiner,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already tried several troubleshooting steps to address the "printer or ink system" problem with your HP OfficeJet 6600. Since you've exhausted the basic troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, it may be necessary to try some more advanced solutions.

Here are a few additional steps you could consider:

• Reset the printer: Sometimes, a simple reset can resolve issues. Unplug the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, wait for a minute or two, and then plug it back in.
  • Check for obstructions: Ensure there are no paper jams or foreign objects obstructing the printer carriage or paper path.
  • Clean the printhead: If the printhead is clogged or dirty, it can cause printing problems. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to clean the printhead.
  • Check ink levels: Make sure the ink cartridges are properly installed and have sufficient ink levels.
  • Inspect for hardware issues: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, there may be a hardware problem with the printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.