Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I hopefully find here some help. A HP CP1515 printer is doing weird things.

Since a few days the printer doesn't print word documents (Word 2019), print jobs arrives as it would be printing (no error in que) but the printer does not print. No printer page sheet in the printer.

When I save the word document as pdf and then print the pdf all fine (printer prints)

I appreciate help to find the error and what logs could I look at or create

screenshot-printer-driver.png

best regards,

Roland

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Roland53,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand the issue you're experiencing with your HP Color LaserJet CP1515n printer could be related to the printer driver or a communication problem between Microsoft Word 2019 and the printer. 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue:

1. Update Printer Drivers

Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with specific applications.

• Windows Update: Check if there are any updates available for your printer through Windows Update.
  • HP Website: Visit the HP support website and download the latest drivers for the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n.

2. Check Printer Settings

Verify that the printer settings in Word are correct:

• Open Word 2019.
  • Go to File > Print.
  • Ensure that the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n is selected as the default printer.
  • Click on Printer Properties and check the settings.

3. Test with Different Documents

Try printing different Word documents to see if the issue is document-specific. Sometimes, certain document settings or contents can cause printing problems.

4. Check Print Spooler Service

Make sure the Print Spooler service is running properly:

1. Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
  2. Find Print Spooler in the list.
  3. Ensure it is running. If not, right-click and select Start.
  4. If it is running, try restarting the service.

5. Clear Print Queue

Clear any stuck print jobs that might be causing issues:

1. Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click on the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n and select See what's printing.
  3. Cancel any pending print jobs.

6. Reinstall the Printer

Sometimes, reinstalling the printer can resolve configuration issues:

2. Right-click on the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n and select Remove device.
  3. Reinstall the printer using the latest drivers from the HP website.

7. Update Microsoft Word

Ensure that Microsoft Word 2019 is up to date. Sometimes, updates include fixes for printing issues.

• Open Word 2019.
  • Go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.

8. Check for Document Corruption

If the issue is with a specific document, try copying the content to a new Word document and save it as a new file. Then attempt to print the new document.

9. Logs and Event Viewer

Check Windows Event Viewer for any related errors:

1. Press Win + X and select Event Viewer.
  2. Go to Windows Logs > Application.
  3. Look for any error messages related to Word or printing around the time you tried to print.

Refer to this document:  HP Color LaserJet CP1515n Printer  User manual 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Roland53,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand the issue you're experiencing with your HP Color LaserJet CP1515n printer could be related to the printer driver or a communication problem between Microsoft Word 2019 and the printer. 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue:

1. Update Printer Drivers

Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with specific applications.

• Windows Update: Check if there are any updates available for your printer through Windows Update.
  • HP Website: Visit the HP support website and download the latest drivers for the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n.

2. Check Printer Settings

Verify that the printer settings in Word are correct:

• Open Word 2019.
  • Go to File > Print.
  • Ensure that the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n is selected as the default printer.
  • Click on Printer Properties and check the settings.

3. Test with Different Documents

Try printing different Word documents to see if the issue is document-specific. Sometimes, certain document settings or contents can cause printing problems.

4. Check Print Spooler Service

Make sure the Print Spooler service is running properly:

1. Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
  2. Find Print Spooler in the list.
  3. Ensure it is running. If not, right-click and select Start.
  4. If it is running, try restarting the service.

5. Clear Print Queue

Clear any stuck print jobs that might be causing issues:

2. Right-click on the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n and select See what's printing.
  3. Cancel any pending print jobs.

6. Reinstall the Printer

Sometimes, reinstalling the printer can resolve configuration issues:

2. Right-click on the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n and select Remove device.
  3. Reinstall the printer using the latest drivers from the HP website.

7. Update Microsoft Word

Ensure that Microsoft Word 2019 is up to date. Sometimes, updates include fixes for printing issues.

• Open Word 2019.
  • Go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.

8. Check for Document Corruption

If the issue is with a specific document, try copying the content to a new Word document and save it as a new file. Then attempt to print the new document.

9. Logs and Event Viewer

Check Windows Event Viewer for any related errors:

1. Press Win + X and select Event Viewer.
  2. Go to Windows Logs > Application.
  3. Look for any error messages related to Word or printing around the time you tried to print.

Refer to this document:  HP Color LaserJet CP1515n Printer  User manual 

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Gaya1239,

thank you for your reply.

There are two types of printer driver for my printer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-color-laserjet-cp1510-printer-series/model/3422467?sku=CC377... 

One driver is PCL and the other PostScript

What's the difference between those two driver types?

best regards

Roland

HP-drivers.png

HP Recommended

Hi Gaya1239,

I installed the latest HP printer driver (upd-ps-x64-6.4.1.22169.exe + upd-pcl6-x64-6.4.1.22169.exe) without success.

Win10 22H2 is up to date.

Another Win10 22H2 client (same network) does print without problems (older printer driver PCL5, see screenshot)

Any further ideas?

best regards,

Roland

HPColorLaserJet-CP1515n-selftest-configuration.JPG

older-PCL5-driver.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.