Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One Printer

my HP 5055 printer is frozen on the loading screen, can't turn on or off...I unplugged and plugged back in and same issue

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @J958 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your HP ENVY 5055 printer is experiencing a technical issue. 

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Check Power Supply: Ensure that the power cord is securely plugged into both the printer and the power outlet. Try plugging the printer into a different outlet to rule out any power issues.
  • Perform a Power Reset: Unplug the power cord from the printer and wait for about 60 seconds. Then, plug the power cord back in and try turning the printer on again.
  • Check for Paper Jams: Sometimes, paper jams can cause the printer to freeze on the loading screen. Open the printer cover and check for any jammed paper. If you find any, carefully remove it and then try restarting the printer.
  • Check Ink Cartridges: Make sure that the ink cartridges are properly installed and not empty. If any ink cartridges are low or empty, replace them with new ones.
  • Update Firmware: If possible, try updating the printer's firmware to the latest version. You can usually do this through the printer's control panel or by downloading the firmware from the HP website and installing it manually.  Update the firmware on an HP printer

Refer to this document: HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.