Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hi, I have HP Officejet 6500a and the printer doesn't print at all, sometimes prints just blac and white. 

I have already contacted mac support and we resolved issue with printing color. In the moment printer doesn't print at all.

Can you please help me with instructions what to do? Thank you!

VesnaP_0-1715186022928.png

VesnaP_1-1715186086575.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @VesnaP,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

If your HP Officejet 6500a printer is experiencing issues where it sometimes doesn't print at all or only prints in black and white, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Check Ink Levels: Ensure that the ink cartridges have sufficient ink levels. Replace any empty or low ink cartridges.

Check for Paper Jams: Open the printer's cover and check for any paper jams. Remove any jammed paper carefully.

Printer Reset: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, and then plug it back in. Turn the printer back on and see if the issue is resolved.

Print Head Cleaning: Use the printer's software utility to clean the print heads. This can help resolve issues with print quality and ensure that all colors are printing correctly.

Check Printer Settings: Ensure that the printer settings are correct and that the printer is set to print in color if you're trying to print in color.

Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed. You can download the latest drivers from the HP website.

Test Print: Print a test page to check if the printer is able to print in color. This can help you determine if the issue is with the printer or the document you're trying to print.

Check for Software Issues: Sometimes, software conflicts or issues can cause printing problems. Try printing from a different application or computer to see if the issue persists.

You may also refer to this document for further assistance. 

If this does not help, I recommend you contact phone support for hardware issues. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.