Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 6940
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

I have a  problem with  the printer. It is print only white paper without all colours. Printer does not signalize the problem with inkoust no. 337 and 344[ black and colour]. I clearet inkousts and the problem persists. I bought new black inkoust no. 339. If I want  to print, priner signalize red drop for this inkoust. Printer not work {not even does it pick up paper]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Pepe021, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Community!

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Have you tried printing from a different application? Does the issue persist?

Are you using HP genuine ink cartridges?

Replace low, empty or faulty ink cartridges on the printer.

Try printing a Print Quality Diagnostic report and check if the issue persists.

If the print quality diagnostic report prints fine uninstall the printer software from your PC and install the windows built-in drivers.

Refer this article to know more information about installing windows built-in drivers. Click Here

Try the steps recommended below.

Clean the print cartridges automatically

1. Make sure the printer is on and connected to the computer.

2. Click Start.

3. Click Settings.

4. Click Printers and Faxes.

5. Right-click on the name of your printer and then select Printing Preferences.

6. Click the Services tab and then click Service this Device.

7. The printer Toolbox displays. On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Print Cartridge(s).

Figure : Click Clean the Print Cartridge(s)

8. Click Clean, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

Print directly to the printer

Change the printer spooler option in printer properties to print directly to the printer.

1. Search Windows for devices and click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

2. In the list of installed programs, right-click your HP printer name, and then click Printer properties.

You might need to click the name of your printer.

3. Select the Advanced tab.

4. Select the option Print directly to the printer.

5. Click Apply, and then click OK.

An extra page should no longer print from the printer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues with your printer. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.