Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9015e

Hi!

I'm getting the "A problem has occurred with your HP account and you will be unable to print soon unless the issue is resolved." This happened about 2 weeks ago, and after a 3 hour phone call with no real solution, HP did a factory restore...without backing up first. I don't want to go through that every few weeks. What is the actual issue, and how can I resolve it?

When I check my account, there is no problem found. I have not recently replaced ink, and we are only using genuine HP ink.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@stellblu 

If you have opted for HP+,

The printer must remain connected to the Internet.

Possible source of the problem and the message: The printer cannot maintain connection to the Internet

Category Troubleshooting > Topic Wireless, Networking & Internet

If you have opted for HP+,

Printer and  HP+ service

Contact HP+ Support

OR

>>> Open your HP+ Printer Homepage > Concierge Help > Click Contact Us link in the Orange box

HP Printer Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer

HP+ > Benefits, Requirements, Your Responsibilities

HP+ Printing – Website / Information / FAQ

Excerpted – Section Disclaimers

Dual-band Wi-Fi™: Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz operations only. Learn more at HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers . Wi-Fi is a registered mark of Wi-Fi Alliance®. Supports both 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz using up to 112 non-overlapping channels v. only 3 non-overlapping channels for 2.4 GHz only. Supports 5.0 GHz band (up to 150 mbps) v. 2.4 GHz band (up to 72.2 mbps). Internet access must be purchased separately.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Any other reason? Because it is connected, and no network problems have been found. It has worked fine for about 5 months, and then over the past 2 weeks has been a nightmare.

HP Recommended

@stellblu 

I can imagine it is frustrating.

I do not know whether there is a reason for this error that HP+ support and HP Support might have missed.

The wording of the error message is the same / similar to an explanation I received on the subject.

I do not have an HP+ enabled printer nor do I have an Instant Ink subscription - this limits my perspective.  I can report what I find in documentation - I do not have personal experience with the error or other possible reasons for it.

Reminder for those reading:

• HP+ enabled printers require a connection to the Internet.
  • The HP+ Printer connection to the Internet might be handled by Web Services.
  • HP+ does NOT require an Instant Ink subscription.
  • HP+ enabled printers require use of HP genuine Ink cartridges.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.