Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp clj cp5225
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello

i have a hp color laserjet cp5225 laser printer, that displays "ready 2 download" when it turns on.

anybody know how to fix this?

i was thinking that if i could get into the preboot menu i may be able to fix this, anybody know how to get into the preboot menu on a cp5225?

thanks

tim

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There is no preboot menu on this model, it is a pro series not an Enterprise series. You need to resend the firmware over a usb connection. If the printer does not get detected by the computer when connected, you will need to manually create a printer driver, send the firmware and then change the usb port on the driver until the update starts on the printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

hello

thank you for your reply.

is there a certain program that is run on the computer to send the firmware to the printer?

is the printer asking for new firmware because it detected that the firmware was corrupt,  or was this because a firmware update was started by a user?

any way to cancel updating the firmware and go back to using the existing firmware?

thanks

tim

HP Recommended

You need to run the fimware upgrade utility that is downloaded from support.hp.com. Firmware on the site is over 10 years old as this machine is a dinosaur that I am surprised HP still sells. If you can find an older version of the firmware update utility you could try that but you have to go through the same process.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.