Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 5610 All-in-One Printer
Other

When sending a print job I get a blank page instead. I've:

• Checked the print cartridges
  • Checked the connecction
  • Reinstalled the drivers
  • Did a complete system reinstall to a date prior to the start of the problem

None of the above work. I even went to a picture I printed and tried to reprint it - no luck.

At wit's end...

Thanks.

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Gregory_Mi,

Thank you for your response! 

I would recommend using our HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

If this does not resolve the issue, consider replacing the refilled ink cartridges with Genuine HP ink cartridges. This way we will know if the issue is with the cartridges themselves. 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Keep me posted! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Gregory_Mi

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post on how you are getting blank pages with your HP 5610 printer. I am happy to help! 

What is the Operating System, you are using, Windows, or Mac? What version? http://www.whatsmyos.com.

What happens if you try to make a copy using the scanner glass? 

Are you using Genuine HP ink cartridges, or refills? 

Are any of your ink cartridges low or empty?

In the meantime, please try the steps in this guide, Faded or Dull Colors in Printouts

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Let's see:

• Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (64 - bit)
  • Yes, documents placed on glass print fine
  • Connect to printer confirmed (if there wasn't a connection, how could the printer receive a signal, which it does)?
  • Test print from HP installation printed fine (fax and sample picture page) once I reloaded the drivers, etc.
  • Ink cartridges are almost half-full
  • Using refliid cartridges, but this has never caused a problem in the past

Thanks for answering!

-Greg

HP Recommended

Ahh, when I did the diagnostic on step 3 of the link provided, everything came out perfectly. Brilliant colors, perfect alignment.

Maybe try a different document? I'll try that now. 

HP Recommended

Hi Gregory_Mi, 

Thank you for your replies! 

Definitely try another document just in case the one might be corrupted. 

I would also recommend using our HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

Keep me posted! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Greetings again!

Well, it's not the drivers. Yesterday I was able to download and print the fax test (from HP) and an image (also from the repair link). Though on the surface this would be a hardware issue, I'm pretty certain it isn't,

I did get an error about a 2.0 vs. 3.0 USB port incompatability but my hardware configuration  hasn't been tampered with. I even connected the printer directly to my laptop. Nope. Ruled that puppy out.

This problem only started a few weeks ago, during which time nothing changed (activity, hardware, software, etc.) which has me totallly perplexed.

I disabled the firewall as recommended. No luck there.

Thanks and regards.

-Greg

HP Recommended

Hi Gregory_Mi,

Thank you for your response! 

I would recommend using our HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

If this does not resolve the issue, consider replacing the refilled ink cartridges with Genuine HP ink cartridges. This way we will know if the issue is with the cartridges themselves. 

Keep me posted! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Yay!

Yesterday I couln't download the "Doctor" because my system returned the error "You already have this download installed" so it would not downlad at all.

This morning I re-visited the problem. I unplugged both the power and line, and once the printer was "not found" the "Doctor" was able to download. The only thing that conserns me now are the several script errors (which I chose to ignore), Also got the error the Bing bar is not supported by my system. Also, Potosmart (not certain that's name) couldn't be installed. So in the overall scheme of things these are the tail wagging the dog.

Now I' m able to print! Yes!! Can't really go step by step, but things seemed to work after I restarted my computer.

Thanks for all your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.