Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 4620
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

I have tried copying from glass repeatedly.  New black cartridge.  Have tried two level printhead clean.  Printing from computer works fine.  How do I get copying to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @drwillhp,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your copying issue.

I understand that you can print from your Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks to your HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer just fine, but the printer will not copy. I would like to help with that.

I would start by making sure all lids and doors are closed, and then perform a Power Reset on the printer.

Once the printer is ready try doing a copy again. If it does not work let me know what happens, or if there are any error message.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @drwillhp,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your copying issue.

I understand that you can print from your Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks to your HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer just fine, but the printer will not copy. I would like to help with that.

I would start by making sure all lids and doors are closed, and then perform a Power Reset on the printer.

Once the printer is ready try doing a copy again. If it does not work let me know what happens, or if there are any error message.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I have tried every solution I could find - turning off both computer and printer, deleting all HP from my computer and starting over, but to no avail.  I can print but when I try to scan I get "scan driver is unable to communicate with the printer" and when I try to copy it just freezes on "now copying page 1".  

HP Recommended

Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.

I love my 4620 but it too stopped scanning and copying but still printed OK!

I moved somethings around my room so wondered if had made the optical encoder skip a count or two.

So... I decided to open 4620 up.

Let me warn you... this is not an easy job and may end up destorying  your 4620 completely.

So you are warned. Don't blame me.

Solution:

You will need a T10 angle driver and some guitar picks (phone picks).

1) Left the adf, at the back between the scanner and the adf hindge you will find 2x screws.

2) Left the adf and scanner, like you would to get to the ink.

Under the scanner, you can find 2x screws at each front corner and 2x screws at the very back, next to the hindges... These screws are very hard to get to and you need the ANGLED T10.

3) Looking at the scanner bottom, on the front and sides, you will see 4x slots that contain grip clips. Use the picks to push them open and the scanner glass top will open a little. Don't force it yet. On the back there are two more internal grips. These are really tough. I had to jiggle the base and the glass top until I could force the grips open. After I opened the scanner, I broke the back grips off as they were a pain and there are enough screws to hold everything.

4) This is the mystery bit! Now that the scanner is in two parts, you have to a) make sure the thin white plastic strip is in place between the scanner adf glass and the flatbed glass. This is for calibration. Actually, I removed the flatbed glass and fixed the strip down with double-sided tape.
b) Now carefully pick up the scanner head... and move it to a different location, along the geared runner. Put the glass top back and close the adf  and restart the printer. I had to do this many times until I could get the scanner to work. I'm sure there is a special location that allows you to calibrate but for me it was guess work.

Once the printer starts up and you can hear the scanner, place a A4 paper in the adf... If it says "Original Loaded" you are good. Very carefully, replace the screws.  If not "Original Loaded"... open the scanner again and reposition the scanner head and try again! I also used a combination of hard restart (main cable) and soft ones (power button).
I'm sorry I can't tell you exactly what to do here but I don't know... It was Hit-and-miss.

All in all, it took me about 2 hours to open, work it all out and be successful.

My 4620 has now been working for two days, so thought I tell you.

Personally, if I could still buy HP 4620 in Japan... I'd buy a new one. Why are HP printers so expensive in Japan??

Again... Do this at your own risk.

Enjoy & support HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.