Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Deskjet 2050 -  J510

Windows 7

At the moment, each image I scan appears in a separate folder.  For mutiple image scans this is a nuisance.  How can I make all the scanned images in one session appear in the same fiolde, preferably on my desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello kayecy

Lets try re-installing the software. Please follow the instructions below.

1. Open Control Panel
2. Click on Uninstall a program
3. Uninstall the Deskjet 2050 from the list
4. Reboot your computer
5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
 http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
6. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

Deskjet 2050 Full Feature Software

Let me know if anything changes or if the same interface shows.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello kayecy

You can change the location to send saved scans by going to the "Advanced scan settings". Accroding to the article How to Scan with HP Software in Windows:

In the HP Scan window, to the right of each scan option there are default recommended settings for scan size, output type, resolution, and file type (for text scans only). Use these default settings unless you need to customize the settings for your scan.

To Change the advanced scan settings:

Click Advanced Settings to change the following settings (depending on your printer):
  • Specify the location to send saved scans on the computer
  • Edit the file name of the saved scan
  • Specify to create a new file for each scan or to combine multiple scans into one file
  • Specify how the HP software completes the scan action:

• Opens the scan file
  • Launches Windows Explorer
  • Emails the scan
  • Does nothing (saves scan to specified location)
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

Hi travis_C.  You said:

In the HP Scan window, to the right of each scan option there are default recommended settings for scan size, output type, resolution, and file type (for text scans only).

Thank you for your prompt response, but I am wondering if I am using the wrong HP software?  My scan window only shows the following options:

Profile:

Source:

Color Format:

File Type:

Resolution:

Brightness:

Contrast:

Preview or scan images as separate files: (This is greyed out and hence not available)

There is no ADVANCED SETTINGS for me to click on.

However, I have discovered how to make each image appear in its own Folder on my desktop by ckicking on IMPORT SETTINGS after making the scan and then selecting IMPORT TO DESKTOP.

Regards - kayecy

HP Recommended

Hello kayecy

Below is a screenshot of the HP Scan Window. While this screenshot shows the Deskjet 3050A it uses a very similar software to the one for the Deskjet 2050. Could you attach a screenshot to your next post of the window you see? Also how are you opening the scan software? Are you clicking the icon on the Desktop that looks like your printer and then going to Scanner Actions?

scansizeDeskjet3050A

HP Recommended

Yes.   i am opening the scan function by clicking on the HP 2050 ikon on my desktop.  This takes me to the HP 2050 Overall control panel where I select "Scanner Actions - Scan Photos, Documents & more"

HP2050 Scan screen 20-09-12.jpg.

HP Recommended

Hello kayecy

Thanks for the image. Currently I can not see the image and need to wait for the forum to show it. I will post back as soon as possible. Also thanks for verifying where you are going to launch the scan software from.

HP Recommended

Hello kayecy

Lets try re-installing the software. Please follow the instructions below.

1. Open Control Panel
2. Click on Uninstall a program
3. Uninstall the Deskjet 2050 from the list
4. Reboot your computer
5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
 http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
6. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

Deskjet 2050 Full Feature Software

Let me know if anything changes or if the same interface shows.

HP Recommended

Hi Travis_C

Many thanks.  That seems to have fixed the problem!  I have now set it up to give me individual scan images on my desktop which will be a big improvement.  I wonder why HP don't indicate in their Manual or Help that there is a more comprehensive down-load available?

Anyway, I do appreciate you taking the time to fix my problem.  For your information I am attaching below a Print Screen grab of my new controls:

PrintScreen New HP Scan software.png

HP Recommended

You're welcome kayecy

Glad to see the problem was resolved. )Thanks for the screenshot :smileyhappy:)

The CD that comes with the printer has the Full Feature Software just like the download I provided. Sometimes the software version on the CD is older though. As new patches come out for the software and new version are made the HP site carries the latest drivers. I also included instructions to update flash as the HP software also uses Adobe Flash and not having the latest version could have caused some problems.

HP Recommended

i want to scane 5 pages in only one file, but i can not do it. becouse the option preview or  scan images as separate files is not run.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.