Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I've installed the 6500 onto my XP laptop which includes the Solution Centre and it is working on there, at least I can still use it via that way

HP Recommended

Just go to the Windows Store and download "HP scan and caputure".  It works good enough for me to PDF documents.  If you need to fax then you can use the Windows program that is installed in win 10 called "Windows Fax and scan".

good luck

HP Recommended

I'll be trying the fax later on this week as need to 

HP Recommended

Same problem on my 8500.  I tried several reinstalls. When using HP software to delete old installs, it 'stopped working' and requested restart.  Have you figured it out yet?

HP Recommended

just an update to let you know that I used the fax with no problems 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello there,

Well, as it sounds to me the old software is basically jamming the new one that you are trying to install..

What you should preform is a full uninstalltion of the Driver 14 (Solution Center) from your computer. (Importnet thing: If your computer is also an HP Machine, Follow the steps shown later on!!!!)

Okay then, follow those steps.

1.Unplugg your device (If its Wireless/Ethernet, skip this step)

2.Download the full solution (From here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL31304/mp-110035-3/OJ_AIO_6500_E709_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5...)

3.After it will finish downloading, extract the software and head into the Printer folder that is being shown there, Inside it head to the 'util' folder and then into the 'ccc' folder In here you should be able to find a file called "Uninstall_L4" >> run that file, It will open a black window, Just press Enter in order for it to start removing the software, after it will finish uninstalling you will be asked to preform a restart, save whatever you were working on and let it restart.

4.After it will finish booting up, head into C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the "HP" Folder that you see here.

5.Head into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the "Hewlett-Packard" Folder that you see here.

6.Here we are going to make some changes to the Registry, so before we start backup your registry entries by exporting your registry library to your desktop.(Follow those steps on how to do that)

6.1.Open up the "Run" window by pressing the Win-Key+R.

6.2.In the command line type in "regedit" and press enter, it will open up the registry editor.

6.3.In this very window on the top left side press on "file" and choose "export" , name the file "reg" and save it to your desktop.

7.In here head into HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and remove the HP/Hewlett-Packard folders that you find here.

7.1.Head into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and remove the HP/Hewlett-Packard folders that you find here.

8.Open up the "Run" window again by pressing Win-key+R, in the command line type in "spool" in here open the "drivers" folder, in it open up the "x64/W32x86" Folder (According to your system type) and from there delete the HP Printer folder. (If the there are no HP folder's then don't delete anything.)

9.Go into C:\Windows and change the "twain_32" folder name to "twain_32 old".

10.Open the command line by pressing Win-Key+R, in the command line type in "%temp%" in the folder that will be opened, delete everything.

11.Next step  will invlove using the Windows cleanup utility, which can be downloaded from here (http://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAAa...), after it will finish downloading install the File and open the software, a Small window will open, in it Search for anything that starts with HP and remove it.... (Everything is being showed as HP Except for one file called "bdq_scan" make sure to remove this file because there is a 97% chance that its the sole reason of your problem..)

12.Restart your computer.

13.Start the installation and follow the steps being shown.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

For those who are using an HP Computer.

On step 4, Head into C:\Program Files (x86)\HP and remove only the "Digital Imaging" folder.

Skip step's - 5,6,6.1,6.2,6.3,7,7.1, and 11 completely.

And this should solve the issue, best of luck.

HP Recommended

I have just tried to do this and I don't get a Printer folder on extracting the file, it goes straight to downloading but on looking through the rest I did come across 2 HP folders in Program files plus the HP and Hewlett Packard in common files, where to now?

I am wireless connection and on Toshiba L750D

HP Recommended
Hi,
Extract the file by using winrar (Or Zip) to the same location, you should be able to see it then.
Don't continue to any other step before performing the ones that came before.
I hope you'll manage.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my Officejet 6500 E709n.  After upgrading to Windows 10, I get the message "Scan cannot be performed, because another computer or program is using the networked HP imaging device [8, (0, 18, -2147467259)]" when I try to scan from the Solution Center.  Tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor - no results.  Installed the new driver for the Officejet 6500 E709n from the HP website dated August 2015 - no results.  Very frustrating, as I use scan a lot.  Really need a solution.

HP Recommended

Got to step 3, extracted the software, and wound up with the HP - Officejet 6500 E709 Series Welcome Back! window with these options: Install More Software, Uninstall, Readme, etc.  There is no "...Printer folder that is being shown there...."  Now what?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.