Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy & LaserJet Pro
Android 4.1 and older
I have two printers. An all in one LaserJet Pro and Envy and I am trying to find a free way to fax.

I checked the app here an none are for faxing.

So does anyone know of either an Android App, Windows 10 app or In Browser way to Fax for Free?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Although faxing programs are out of my support boundaries I would like to do all I can to help. Since you can not scan to PDF and only have the option to scan as an image, I suspect there is a problem with the software and suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it. Perhaps if you were able to scan to PDF, as you should be able to, you would be able to use the faxing program you found.

As for the fax communication problems you have experienced, I suggest taking a look at the following document to ensure you have done all of the recommended solutions: HP All-in-One Fax Products - Cannot Send or Receive Faxes: Troubleshooting Fax Issues.

Since the fax sending is intermittent, I also recommend calling your phone provider to see if they can perform some line testing.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @nyliferocks,

I would be happy to do my best to help you fax. What Envy and Laserjet printer do you have? Many Laserjet printers have fax capability if you connect a phone line. You may be able to fax from the software on the Windows 10. Do you have a fax ready Laserjet?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

If your Laserjet is not fax capable, you might consider using Google to check for free Android faxing apps.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Envy 5530 All In One and
the LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw.

The Laserjet Pro is connected to my phones VOIP in and the out jack to my Cordless phone.

I have faxed with the LaserJet using my phones line but a lot of times I get a different Com error.

I have troubleshooted the Com error such as changing the fax speed, etc. But I am looking for a more stable way to do this.

There are two free fax websites I use that allow you 1 free fax per day up to 3 pages.

But i have to first scan in pages and make them PDF files and then upload them.

So I am looking for a program to fax directly with the LaserJet or at least minimize the steps needed to be taken.

Windows 10 does have a scan/fax program but I don't know how to add a fax account in settings.

Also if I can get the Windows 10 fax program to use my printer, won't it still give me the Com errors?

I would say the Com errors happens 75% of the time. However the scan part of the Windows program does scan but its limited to settings. Like I cannot scan in creating a .PDF file. Only a picture extension
HP Recommended

Although faxing programs are out of my support boundaries I would like to do all I can to help. Since you can not scan to PDF and only have the option to scan as an image, I suspect there is a problem with the software and suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it. Perhaps if you were able to scan to PDF, as you should be able to, you would be able to use the faxing program you found.

As for the fax communication problems you have experienced, I suggest taking a look at the following document to ensure you have done all of the recommended solutions: HP All-in-One Fax Products - Cannot Send or Receive Faxes: Troubleshooting Fax Issues.

Since the fax sending is intermittent, I also recommend calling your phone provider to see if they can perform some line testing.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
You can scan a page into your computer and save them as a PDF file.

Then use any of the 2 following websites which allow you to fax pdf files for free.
GotFreeFax.com and faxzero.com
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.