Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I had an Envy 4500 and the scanner went out. I bought an Envy 4520 and this machine copies extremely  SLOW.  6 minutes to copy a black and white line drawing.  Why?? Surely HP doesn't make things this badly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @butch27,

Have you tried reducing the resolution of the copies in the copy settings.  The higher you have the resolution set the longer it will take to scan the original and print the copy.  For black and white usually 300 or 150 dpi is fine.

Change scan settings (Windows)
You can modify any of the scan settings either for a singular use or save the changes to use permanently.
These settings include options such as page size and orientation, scan resolution, contrast, and the folder location for saved scans.
1. Load the original print side down on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
2. Double-click the printer icon on the desktop or do one of the following to open the printer software:
● Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow in lower left corner of the Start screen, and then select the
printer name.
3. In the printer software, click Scan a Document or Photo .
4. Click the More link in the top right corner of the HP Scan dialog.
The detailed settings pane appears on the right. The left column summarizes the current settings for
each section. The right column allows you to change the settings in the highlighted section.
5. Click each section at the left of the detailed settings pane to review the settings in that section.
You can review and change most settings using drop-down menus.
Some settings allow greater flexibility by displaying a new pane. These are indicated by a + (plus sign)
at the right of the setting. You must either accept or cancel any changes on this pane to return to the
detailed settings pane.
6. When you have finished changing settings, do one of the following.
● Click Scan . You are prompted to save or reject the changes to the shortcut after the scan is
finished.
● Click the save icon to the right of the shortcut, and then click Scan .
Go online to learn more about using the HP Scan software. Learn how to:
● customize scan settings, such as image file type, scan resolution, and contrast levels.
● scan to network folders and cloud drives.
● preview and adjust images before scanning.

If you are still experiencing the issue after trying these steps, I recommend you contact HP.

Contact HP:
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

I hope this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended
Welcome to the community @butch27,

I will certainly do my best to help you, however, I am going to ask that you please let me know some more helpful information to help me research the problem for you.

Please respond to me with the following. If there are any steps here that you have not tried, please try them before responding and include the result in your reply back to me:

How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)?
What is the Operating System of the computer?
If you're running Windows, run the Print and Scan Doctor and include the results.
Did you make any recent changes to your set up (physical move, upgrade, downgrade, new software installed, new router, etc)?
Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet (avoiding power bars and surge protectors)?
Have you completed all Windows/Mac OS Updates?
Do you see any error messages or codes, and if so, what are they saying and where do you see them?

Thank you.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

It is 2 weeks old and never worked right.

direct plug into wall socket

printed page says everything is working correctly

HP Recommended

Oh:  Running Windows 8.1

no changes in location

HP Recommended

Hi @butch27,

Have you tried reducing the resolution of the copies in the copy settings.  The higher you have the resolution set the longer it will take to scan the original and print the copy.  For black and white usually 300 or 150 dpi is fine.

Change scan settings (Windows)
You can modify any of the scan settings either for a singular use or save the changes to use permanently.
These settings include options such as page size and orientation, scan resolution, contrast, and the folder location for saved scans.
1. Load the original print side down on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
2. Double-click the printer icon on the desktop or do one of the following to open the printer software:
● Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow in lower left corner of the Start screen, and then select the
printer name.
3. In the printer software, click Scan a Document or Photo .
4. Click the More link in the top right corner of the HP Scan dialog.
The detailed settings pane appears on the right. The left column summarizes the current settings for
each section. The right column allows you to change the settings in the highlighted section.
5. Click each section at the left of the detailed settings pane to review the settings in that section.
You can review and change most settings using drop-down menus.
Some settings allow greater flexibility by displaying a new pane. These are indicated by a + (plus sign)
at the right of the setting. You must either accept or cancel any changes on this pane to return to the
detailed settings pane.
6. When you have finished changing settings, do one of the following.
● Click Scan . You are prompted to save or reject the changes to the shortcut after the scan is
finished.
● Click the save icon to the right of the shortcut, and then click Scan .
Go online to learn more about using the HP Scan software. Learn how to:
● customize scan settings, such as image file type, scan resolution, and contrast levels.
● scan to network folders and cloud drives.
● preview and adjust images before scanning.

If you are still experiencing the issue after trying these steps, I recommend you contact HP.

Contact HP:
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

I hope this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Marcelus--I'm trying your suggestions but I can't print this out and can't remember all of the steps . Souds like a repair but I'll have to write it down first.  Thannks

HP Recommended

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Need a solution to the problem in Windows 10.....

HP Recommended

Solution to slow copy printing way to complicated.

am frightened to make the issue worse.

HP Recommended

Printer is 5 Mos old, and just recently started copying very slowly.  Printer connected by USB cable. I did every thing I was told to do by support system: Print & Scan, plugged in to wall plug,  no error msgs.   My printer is HP DeskJet 3632.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.