Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro Premiere
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upgraded from an 8610 to Pro Premiere Officejet. I was able to print 4 photos on a page without borders. When trying to do with the Pro, it automatically changes to with borders when I select 4 copies to a page. Can I get around this? This is causing a business supply issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Batman128 

Edits - Add Content (end of message)

Not sure.

If this is your printer:

HP OfficeJet Pro 9019/Premier All-in-One Printer 

The Specifications indicate restrictions on Borderless printing Media (kind of paper).

Product Specifications for the HP OfficeJet Pro 9019/Premier All-in-One Printer (1KR54A)

Paper Handling

Media sizes supported (metric)
A4; A5; A6; B5 (JIS); Envelope (DL, C5, C6, Chou #3, Chou #4); Card (Hagaki, O**bleep**u Hagaki)
Media sizes supported (U.S. standard)
Letter; Legal; Government Legal; Executive; Statement; 3 x 5 in; 4 x 6 in; 5 x 7 in; 13 x 18 cm; 8 x 10 in; 10 x 15 cm; L; Photo 2L; Envelope( #10, Monarch, 5.5 bar); Card (3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in)
Media sizes, custom (metric)
Tray 1: 76.2 x 127 to 215.9 x 355.6 mm
Media sizes, custom (U.S. standard)
Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14; 5 x 8.3 to 8.5 x 14 in
Media types
Plain Paper, HP Photo Papers, HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper, HP Matte Presentation Paper, HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper, Other Photo Inkjet Papers, Other Matte Inkjet Papers, Other Glossy Inkjet Papers, Thick Plain Paper, Light/Recycled Plain Paper, HP Tri-fold Brochure Paper, Glossy
Media weight supported (metric)
60 to 105 g/m² (plain); 220 to 280 g/m² (photo); 75 to 90 g/m² (envelope); 163 to 200 g/m² (card)
Media weight supported (U.S. standard)
16 to 28 lb (plain paper); 60 to 75 lb (photo); 20 to 24 lb (envelope); 90 to 110 lb (card)
Borderless printing
Yes, on photo and brochure paper only, up to 8.5 x 11 in (US letter), 210 x 297 mm (A4)

and

Datasheet

Borderless Printing

Yes, on photo and brochure paper only, up to8.5x11in (US letter), 210x297mm (A4)

============================================================================

Edits - New Content

OK.  I have no idea how you have been doing this - certainly, you are using some kind of print / view software to group the four image Tiles together for printing.

I figured out a way to accomplish the task (Create photo array of images) using Irfanview .

The only problem, if there is one, is that I don't have any images that actually fit on a 7x5 inch paper when set into 2 columns / 2 rows .

I have a 2x2 array - with space between the top and bottom rows.

Curious...

What size is each image tile?

What software are you using?

============================================================================

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

No software. I right click on the image. Chose 5x7 4 copies, hp photo paper. No problem until I changed printers. Now it will not accept borderless if I have 4 copies. It auto changes.

HP Recommended

@Batman128 

Edits - Update

After re-reading this thread, I realize I am not the right one to answer this question.

I don't have the tools necessary to duplicate your setup nor do I have a printer that can do this without intervention (software, settings, deliberate acts to accomplish the task).

Original Content

In general, using the method you describe leaves the settings up to the printer and perhaps whatever is (was last) set as the printing preferences.  

I would guess you'll have better control if you open the image in software meant for the file type and then print using the settings available.

If you don't want to do that, at least check the Printing Preferences and make sure your job parameters are set.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.