Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C6280
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

My HP Photosmart C6280 has stopped printing and copying. I am using a Mac OS 10.10.5. The printer seems to be functioning but no ink is on the paper with either function. 

I have installed a new black ink cartridge and select 'black only' with the same results. All other ink levels are showing sufficient.

I would appreciate your help. The printer has been idle for a few days but previous use was successful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Support Forum. I hope you're well @Suz161!

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues while copying / printing. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

It looks like an issue with the printer ink. It may have dried because of non-usage. I would suggest you try and perform a print head cleaning. Try the steps below:

• On the printer control panel, press “Setup”.
  • Press the down arrow button to select Tools, and then press OK.
  • Press the down arrow button to select “Clean Printhead”, and then press OK.
  • If the print quality is acceptable, you can stop troubleshooting.
  • If the print quality is unacceptable, perform another printhead cleaning.

You can try the steps mentioned here for additional troubleshooting: http://hp.care/2dVLZUu

Let me know how it goes. Have a good day!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Support Forum. I hope you're well @Suz161!

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues while copying / printing. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

It looks like an issue with the printer ink. It may have dried because of non-usage. I would suggest you try and perform a print head cleaning. Try the steps below:

• On the printer control panel, press “Setup”.
  • Press the down arrow button to select Tools, and then press OK.
  • Press the down arrow button to select “Clean Printhead”, and then press OK.
  • If the print quality is acceptable, you can stop troubleshooting.
  • If the print quality is unacceptable, perform another printhead cleaning.

You can try the steps mentioned here for additional troubleshooting: http://hp.care/2dVLZUu

Let me know how it goes. Have a good day!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

DVortex,

Thanks for your assistance. It took several runs of 'clean printhead' (over a dozen tries) and then voila! it was printing. Glad to have this forum for advice. 

Suz161

HP Recommended

Hello @Suz161,

Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue.

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.