Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I press "scan" on my printer, it says that I dont have the software for it. I searched everywhere for the software... What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Tegus

The only thing you can do with Mountain Lion on the Officejet 5510 is to make sure that you have run the Apple Software Updates with your printer plugged in with the USB cord. This will get you the latest HP Software that you can run on Mountain Lion.

To do the Apple Update correctly follow the steps below:

Step 1. Plug in the printer USB cord to both the computer and the printer

Step 2. Click on the "Apple" in the upper left hand corner

Step 3. Click on "Software Updates"

Once it is completed you can refer to the HP Support document How to Scan: OS X v10.8. This document will provide you with instructions on how you can scan using Apple Preview, Apple Image Capture and from Print & Scan. If it at all possible for you to scan this is how you will be able to do it.

I hope this answers your question about scanning. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day! 

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
HP Recommended

I searched everywhere for the software but I couldnt find it..

HP Recommended

You can download your drivers from the HP site below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=311258&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&task=&lang=en&cc=us

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
HP Recommended

I tried to install the drivers for Windows 7 and it didn't work. It says the drivers should install automatically, but they don't. How do you get this to work manually?

HP Recommended

Print speed extremely slow. Is this due to ink cartidge level.

HP Recommended

I have the 5510 and had it installed and fully functional on my desktop PC. That PC is not working now . I wam currently working off my netbook and I downloaded the full feature software package from the site and I cannot scan. It does not have all the software downloaded.  How can I c=get the entire software package again? The netbook does not have a CD drive.

HP Recommended

error message says I need to install or run hp software to use scan feature for hp officejet allinone  Where do I find this to install   Thank you

HP Recommended

I cannot get the scan and fax features to work on a new computer, even though it runs XP. Where can I find the correct drivers?

HP Recommended

This get's you to a screen that asks you for your operating system. Then asked you to pick out the version. BUT, it only gives you "INFO" on what to do once it's downloaded. NEVER give you an option to actually download. 

Question remains, you can't scan with this unit as bought. 

No way to download anything from the HP website.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.