Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi

Have HP Pavilion P6-2065UK, with 8 GB Ram, and have installed new Corsair CX430 Watt power supply.

When I install new Nvidia Geforce GT 630  Grahics Card, blank screen is displayed, you can hear Windows 7  start up screen open but no display present.

I have gone into Bios mode to confirm 16x slot is enabled and sometimes the PCI Express Card is shown. I have tried enabling and disabling on board Video in Bios, no joy. Unable to go into Safe Mode.

I have also tried using Google Remote Desktop to connect the HP to another PC so that I can try and see desktop, but as soon as you power down, the unique 12 digit pin code needed is reset and I lose connection.

I am still able to use onboard original video but not the Nvidia.

Been ongoing for sometime now.

Any help with this would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Easyd,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you installed a new graphics card and now cannot boot. I would like you to go back into your BIOS and disable Secure Boot and Enable Legacy Mode.

Please re-post with what happens when you restart if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Easyd,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you installed a new graphics card and now cannot boot. I would like you to go back into your BIOS and disable Secure Boot and Enable Legacy Mode.

Please re-post with what happens when you restart if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi,

You will not find secure boot or legacy mode in your BIOS as your PC is too old for a version 8 BIOS level.

Try installing the posted BIOS update before you install the new graphics card.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi Big_Dave

Thank you for your advice, did not need to upgrade BIOS.

Dunidar's information regarding the resetting of the Legacy Boot Source has cured the issue.

Here's how I resolved issue, F10 to go into BIOS mode, select Storage tab, scrolled down arrow to Legacy Boot Sources, select F10 to accept new setting, then save and exit from BIOS mode. Installed new Graphics Card, powered up, Windows start up now displayed on monitor, installed new Graphics drivers, all good.

Many thanks to you both for helping me finally resolve this issue.

Hope this will help others in the future and save them having to upgrade their BIOS.

Thanks once again.

HP Recommended

@Easyd 

The terminology being used and problem description will lead others to improper conclusions. The BIOS is the P6-2065UK is version 7 and it doesn't support legacy mode and secure boot.  Legacy device boot is a total different matter.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the update. I was actually expecting to have to upgrade my BIOS, but found selecting the Legacy Device Boot cured my particular problem, just thought I would share my findings for anyone else who had the same issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello, wondering if you or somebody can help me please. I have a Zotac Ge Force GTX 1050 and would like to install it into my P6-2065UK. As far as I am aware this card should be fully compatible with the computer. I have updated Bios but as you mentioned my bios are old. I have tried to install the graphics card but with no success so far. Going into Bios all I can find is an option for integrated graphics which is already marked disabled when I go into that menu. So I have pressed f10 to save the changes then exit.

While in  bios new graphics card is running okay (fan is spinning and card is silent) when out of bios an intermittent beep  starts in the graphics card. As the computer starts to fire up I see an enlarged windows start up screen logo at the lower right corner of the screen then I think what is the hp window is displayed perfectly on screen. The monitor then continues to switch on then off etc. All the while the card continues beeping.

I have read on the HP website that I should uninstall my integrated graphics card via properties, but this worries me in case I cannot reverse the process.

My apologies if I am not explaining this with appropriate terminology but this is the first time I have ever tampered with a computers hardware (exception of updating RAM).  I dont want to make any silly novice mistakes so I really need some pro advice please.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.