Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

well written but it does not help. Process returned:

"Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.  AMD Radon HD 8470D"

Still have the same problem. No brightness control.

HP Recommended

that happened to me, too.  When you get to the screen where the drivers and dates are listed, you have to actually click to highlight the driver you want.  even though one is highlighted, that doesn't mean it's selected.  does that make sense?

once i figured that out and actually clicked on the one i wanted, i was fine.

HP Recommended

I am still muddling through this and cannot find "devices" to make the changes you recommend.  I have the HP TouchSmart 23.  I cannot adust the brightness of the monitor anymore. 

HP Recommended

Wrong!  I just did it.  Right clicked and clicked update driver.  Still NO ACCESS TO BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT!  What is going on here?  I have only had this computer 6 days and now the brightness is not working. 

HP Recommended
Dear Drivenbyart:
I also have the HP All in one 23! This was a nightmare until the Microsoft guy walked me through it and now I can adjust the brightness again. Here are the steps.
1.) click on the windows icon at the bottom left hand corner. A menus pops up.
2.) click on Device Manager.
3.) click on Display Adapters and then AMD Radeon HD 84700 pops up. Click on that.
4.) an AMD Properties box pops up. Click on Driver.
5.) then go down to Update Driver and click on that.
6) it may lessen brightness for a little bit, so then go to Roll Back Driver and click on that. It will roll back only that driver only to 8.0. Then go to brightness scale on right and it should work.
For two days, on mine, I had to go through these steps, once each day, as my brightness kept coming back. Now, for over two weeks, the brightness scale works fine and no problems, it works fine. Check it out and good luck! Also, reboot computer to make sure it is still locked in. You should be fine. Good luck. This was really annoying for me. My screen was so bright, I couldn't see, terrible, but now fine!
HP Recommended

hp pavilion x2 11 inch h013dx

• I tried downloading HP MyDisplay from the pavilion website in the "solution" but didnt work.
  • I tried updating  my display adapter, but am already on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (do not have the AMD Radeon mentioned previously)
  • I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the display adapter, but it didnt work.

Please advise on how to fix the problem

HP Recommended

Exactly my issue--no AMD Radeon. 

hp pavilion x2 11 inch h013dx

• I tried downloading HP MyDisplay from the pavilion website in the "solution" but didnt work.
  • I tried updating  my display adapter, but am already on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (do not have the AMD Radeon mentioned previously)
  • I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the display adapter, but it didnt work.

Please advise on how to fix the problem

HP Recommended

SOLUTION !!! I have read and tried everything in the forum and nothing worked.   One big flag that showed a problem is in the desktop screen by right clicking and trying to open AMD Vision Control center it said there were no settings available in that could be changed on windows 8.      

SOLUTION:  I went to the AMD site for video drivers and downloaded the latest win 64 version and installed it . 

System had to reboot to complete install.  Now can right click on desktop screen and AMD Vision Control center now opens like old times.   ALL controls including brightness and more important GAMMA are available.  

Make sure you download the correct 32 bit or 64 bit version depending on your system.

Version downloaded for my machine was 64 bit  version 13.251.0.0  with a build date of 12-6-2013. 

My old version had a September build date and if we did latest driver download within my system this is what it selected. Microsoft apparently is not selecting the more current version of AMD that most need.   My system is an HP desktop.

HP Recommended

I have almost the same problem, but I still have the sliders -- they just don't work.

HP Recommended

I just got my new HP Pavilion 11-h010ca x2 PC and update to windows 8.1 around day 5.  The brightness bar is there, but there is no reaction even I switch back and fore.  So, the screen brightness is still the same even I turn up or down.

I have tried PC setting and Power setting to adjust it.  Still not work.  I think it is a problem that windows 8.1 has.  Well, HP should fix it quick.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.