Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Doppelganger97 - brilliant, thats me sorted thank you very much.

Now, HP - would it have been so bloody hard for you to have posted this answer?

HP Recommended

@chal440 wrote:

Thanks for the answer to my problem. I downloaded HP My Display at http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpc/enu/index.html and re-started the computer. I opened the application and clicked on My Levels and you can adjust the screen brightness with the slider.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

For HP MyDisplay users who are still having trouble: The instructions for installing MyDisplay updates at this website may help:

http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpc/enu/upgrade_instructions.html

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended

This might not work on every computer,

You put your computer to sleep then open it back up, then adjust the brightness on the loading screen. For example, I put my computer to sleep, then I open it, and when the thinkpad(I have a thinkpad) screen comes on, I adjust it. 

You will have to do this every time you open your computer up, but this is the only solution that has worked for me. 

HP Recommended

this is how i go the   Adjust Screen Brightness on a  hp pavilion X 2 11-h003sa

download drives from hp install you get the message   pc does not ect, remember were it uextract to.go to device manager   Click on display adapters, then update drivers, then update drivers click on browse my computer for drivers,then let me pick, and go to were the driver you download extract and find the driver folder graphic and install i now have the brightness back and intel drives not  microsoft

hope this helps

HP Recommended

The advice that said change the display driver to what it had been before the windows update to 8.1 worked for me.

HP Recommended

good to hear

HP Recommended

i worked as u told ... now windows 8.1 is having correct brightness ...

step you have to follow 

step 1 - Go to device manager 

"      2 - right click on "Display adapter "

"      3-  uninstall the display adapter 

"       4 -  Scan the device  and update drivers 

"        5 -  Reboot your laptop 

HP Recommended

Hi,

After installing windows 8.1pro on ENVY 15-3204TX, I cannot adjust the screen brightness anymore. Anyone can help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

THANK YOU jeffultra, you're a genius. My problem was the same (I had the brightness sliders, but they didn't work) and the disable - enable fix worked for me!!! Once again Thank you!! 😄

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.