Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet F4180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to align the cartridges lots of lights start blinking! Paper type, print cartridge, resume and power. The Blinking Lights cause on HP Support says this is due to a fatal error!

Firstly could someone advise if there is HP UK support by telephone, email or webchat or is there none of these?

Secondly if I cannot get 1:1 advice from HP should I bin the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Crink,

I am unable to post contact numbers on these forums. I did locate this other UK phone assistance information that may be able to help - U.K. Phone Assist.

If this helps, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Crink,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for assistance with your printer issue.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One Printer that has all the lights flashing wich suggests a "fatal error" and you would like to know if there was phone/email/webchat support available in the UK, or if you should just replace the printer. I would like to help.

I am not aware of any email or webchat support but they can be contacted by phone. You would need to visit HP Customer Support - U.K. and fill in some information to get the contact phone number.

Based on the age of you printer it is probably safe to assume that there would be some fee involved to support an out of warranty printer.

I would first try following the 'Solutions' listed in the 'Issue: All the lights blink" section because that is what a phone agent would be following. If those solutuions did not help the printer would need servicing or replacing. Here is the support document that has the solutions - Blinking Lights on the HP Deskjet F4100 All-in-One Printer Series.

If your print was in warranty HP Tech Support would likely service it or replace it if they were not able to help fix the issue.

If the printer is out of warranty HP Tech Support might be able to help you save a little money through an upgrade program if you need to replace it.

If this helps, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi rb011

Thank you for your helpful answer. I completed the HP support form and as my printer is out of warranty they gave me a foreign? telephone number to ring. ***. Do you know which country this is in and does this mean that HP Support does not have an English number for contact?

If Fatal error message means that my printer cannot be repaired I am happy to accept this and bin it.

HP Recommended

Hi again, I have tried the telephone number given by HP but it is unrecognised by my telephoneservice here in UK. I hope that you can shed some light on this as it appears to be a waste of time.

HP Recommended

Hi @Crink,

I am unable to post contact numbers on these forums. I did locate this other UK phone assistance information that may be able to help - U.K. Phone Assist.

If this helps, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi rb011, thanks for your help. I have installed the HP Support Assistant and this provides a lot of causes, solutions etc and I will work throught these. My printer is old and has given exceptional service so I am loth to give it up easily. If the solutions don't work it is probably uneconomic to pay for advice or for repairs. So then it will be the end of the road for my F4180!

Again thank you for your time and assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.