Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My computor updated last night and now it will not find my printer, It is an older one and is connected with a cable and I think the computer is looking for a wireless connection. It has done this before and i have always been able to get it switched back but it has me beat this time. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks. 🙂 

You can try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor

This video shows how to set up a USB connected printer in Windows 10

additional troubleshooting can be found here: After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @KennyY1

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I would like to help you with this issue. I'm lacking a key piece of information. What operating system and version is running on your computer? 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Windows 10

HP Recommended

Thanks. 🙂 

You can try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor

This video shows how to set up a USB connected printer in Windows 10

additional troubleshooting can be found here: After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you . It found the printer on the third try and then Fixed it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.