Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My OJ 8625 prints fine, but it makes an annoying "squeeking" sound (I would call it a scream, it's loud enough to be really annoying). Is there someway to lubricate it or some other way to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, I called HP Technical Support as you suggested. After going through a number of steps to verify that this was not a software or cleaning issue, HP shipped me a reconditioned replacement printer, asking only that I return the old printer, prepaid, to HP. The new printer arrived within a couple of days, I installed it, and though the squeek wasn't quite as bad, it was still there. I received a call from a support supervison to find out if the problem were fixed and I explained that the squeek was still there. We talked about it for a bit, he checked some things online, and then he sent a new duplexer unit. (The new printer comes without the duplexer and the printhead; you use the old ones.) Anyway, the new duplexer arrived today, I installed it, and NO MORE SQUEEK!

I am prepared to mark this issue solved!

Thank you for all your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @DGC512,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 8.1 computer and it prints fine but makes a loud squeaking/screaming noise that you would like to find a way to fix. I would like to help with that.

HP never recommends applying any kind of lubricant to any parts of a printer.

You mentioned that you are able to print from the computer fine. Does the printer make the same sounds when doing a copy from the printer's control panel. If it does there may be an issue with the printer's hardware that may need to be looked at.

Sometimes a Power Reset is all that is needed to fix an issue like this.

Printers sometimes make noises like this when paper of something else gets jammed somewhere in the paper path. Here is a support document that can help with checking for anything that might be jammed in the printer - A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for the reply. I have not attempted to lubricate the printer. I tried what you suggested, but it did not solve the problem. I should note that the printer has done this from the very beginning. I have had only one paper jam since I started using the printer and that was fairly easily cleared.

HP Recommended

Hi @DGC512,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

If the paper path is clear and the print is making noise might indicate an issue with the hardware.

If the printer is still within its first year of service this could be serviceable under warranty. You would need to contact HP Tech Support.

If the printer is out of warranty they could likely offer something through the trade in program that could save you a bit of money if the noise is excessive enough for you to want to replace it.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

OK, I called HP Technical Support as you suggested. After going through a number of steps to verify that this was not a software or cleaning issue, HP shipped me a reconditioned replacement printer, asking only that I return the old printer, prepaid, to HP. The new printer arrived within a couple of days, I installed it, and though the squeek wasn't quite as bad, it was still there. I received a call from a support supervison to find out if the problem were fixed and I explained that the squeek was still there. We talked about it for a bit, he checked some things online, and then he sent a new duplexer unit. (The new printer comes without the duplexer and the printhead; you use the old ones.) Anyway, the new duplexer arrived today, I installed it, and NO MORE SQUEEK!

I am prepared to mark this issue solved!

Thank you for all your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.