Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have contacted Microsoft about this and was told by them to contact HP.  I had a feeling I was going to get this response from them.  They said they use a generic profile and that is all.  Very helpfull.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I had same problem.   My test prints of 100% colors printed the same as those posted in this discussion.   A bit strange that the less than 100% saturated colors in your tests appear to be correct.  

I uninstalled all drivers and software and reinstalled, several times, with several reboots to clean up Windows.

No success.   After much trial and error, I finally ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and did a test print.   It printed Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta test patches.    I then printed my test page from Powerpoint with Red, Green, Blue, Magenta, Cyan and Yellow blocks, and they printed OK!!   The "doctor" did not report any problems, but its test print seemed to fix the problem.

My wife had an HP Laptop that was upgraded from Wndows 7 to Windows 10.   One "feature" of the upgrade is that all printers disappear.   I simply plugged the printer into a USB port on her PC and the printer was installed by Windows 10.   However, it had the identical wrong color problem.   I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and it found no issues.   I re-ran print test and the colors were still wrong.   I re-ran the Print and Scan Doctor and did a test print from it--test print was fine, and after the test print, the printer printed colors fine.

We have a HP Wireless Printing upgrade for this printer (Model J33680), and a "Copy 1" version of the printer appears when the wireless adapter is used.   This "copy" had the same color problems until the Print Doctor was run on the "copy printer" and a test page printed (Doctor found, at least reported, no problems).  

It seems the magic fix is printing the test page from the HP Print and Scan Doctor.   Wish I had known this earlier before wasting about 10% of my color ink and several evenings doing useless re-installs of software and drivers!!

HP Recommended

My printer model is J3680--on my previous post, I typed an extra 3.....

HP Recommended

@WWW wrote:
It seems the magic fix is printing the test page from the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

I am glad ypu took the time to post your findings.

Like you, I have wasted time uninstalling and reinstalling, printing test pages etc.

HP Print and Scan Doctor reported no issues, but printing the test page from the HP Print and Scan Doctor, appears to have resolved the issue for me too. I just hope that it remains that way.

It would be nice to have an explanation from HP.

HP Recommended

Yes solution!

HP Recommended
Finally fixed my printer no thanks to HP. What I had to do is access what's called Godmode in windows 10. It allows access to all of the user settings Both hidden and unhidden in one place. I went down to my printer and changed it to run as windows 8.1 and it works like it should. You should be able to find out about the God mode command line script from Google. Thank you and good night.
HP Recommended

Thank you Top Student.  

I wish I had read this thread from the last to first.  Having uninstalled, installed just about everything I could think of I followed your advice and ran Print and Scan Doctor.  It told me there was nothing wrong but when I printed a test page and then went back to my Photoshop document that I had produced and printed that, the colours were fine.   My printer is an F2280

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for posting this solution.

Printing a test sheet from the HP Printer and Scan doctor seems to have rectified this problem with a HP Deskjet D1520 printer and Windows 10.

Matt.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the actual helpful suggestions which are NOT coming from HP or the rnrmusicman person - who seems absolutely clueless and sending people on wild goose chases, not to mention costing people extra time and money. I wish he would get off this board.

The printer here (F4180) has new ink, aligned, everything, hp ink, but all of that is besides the point. It prints perfectly from a laptop running windows 7 and changes all the colors from a desktop running windows 10. Beyond that, the point is that printers either work or they don't. All these ridiculous questions from the so-called "help" people are a monstrous waste of time. 

Running HP Print and Scan Doctor now and it's taking way too much time. How much time is normal? I'm on a wired USB connection and it's just stalled halfway through (high speed 180mpbs connection). I guess I'll try the godmode next, if I can find that. Anyway thanks to the couple of you who actually had some helpful suggestions. Appreciated.

p.s. I found a good link for finding/enabling God Mode here:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-god-mode-windows-10

easy as pie. now to find the printer settings in the folder

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.