Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Governatorz, you have always been able to do that..

The issue that I and many others have is being unable to scan to network folder which is located on OS X Yosemite and El Capitan itself rather than an external drive. 

HP Recommended
But it's a work around to at a least getting a network folder going.
HP Recommended

Again what you did has always been working... This entire thread is about scanning directly to OS X Yosemite and above. 

HP Recommended
I love the every three month posting where somebody claims success.

HP Recommended

everybody uses OfficeJet 8600? i use a laserjet pro 200, works fine with el capitan. installing was difficult to understand how to configure ( http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/mfp-276-scan-to-network-folder-os-x-10-6-8-pictorial-... )

within el capitan, i found another problem:

the system freezes often as soon as i open the folder, forcing to hard reset the imac. resuming the folder from time machine works, but after a few days it the same problem again...

HP Recommended

Thanks so much Applesheep for the clear instructions for setting up a workaround to scan to network folder on Mavericks by using a flash drive on Time Capsule!

While it's a shame that HP can't get scan to network folder working on the latest Mac OS, at least I have this workaround for now.

HP Recommended

Why is it that it is over a year since this problem was first reported, and there is still no fix yet from HP? Not like SMB3 is rocket science. I'm disappointed on two counts: Apple changing SMB protocol handling without backwards compatibiity, and HP not bothering to update their printer firmware for now two OS X releases that broke scan to folder functionality. A shame.

HP Recommended

FINALLY WITH THE NEW FIRMWARE - THIS IS FIXED AND WORKING.  I am now able to scan to my El Capitan shared network folder from the printer.

HP, you have finally fixed this, but did so in such an incredibly slow and infurating method that I simply still stew with anger.  But yeah, this works now finally.

HP Recommended

I noticed my printer updating its firmware a couple days ago and am also now able to scan to a network folder shared from 10.11.3.

HP Recommended

Assuming you are running the latest release of El Capitain and the most recent HP Driver, do the following.  Under Advanced Settings in Safari, enable Safari to display Bonjour in the Favorites Bar.  Go to Bonjour and select your Bonjour printer, in my case an HP8600.  In the web page which appears, click the Scan Tab.  

You should get a warning dialog box saying the Certificate is self-signed and asking whether it is to be trusted.  In the past I always said yes and proceeded to setup the shared scan folder, which usually proceeded to not work.  This time, as annoyed at seeing the dialog box yet again and clicked Show Certificate and marked the Certificate to be always trusted.  After doing this, I proceeded to set up and test the shared scan folder, and it worked!  I followed the same procedure on my wife's Mac, and the scan folder there also past the setup test.

I think I now understand the months of problems all have had.  Until the certificate is set to be always trusted, OS X has been rejecting the printer connection without any error message because it is self signed.

Fixing this problem once and for all may not be possible.  I opened KeyChain and discovered many certificates from HP.  I suspect that each time new software is updated, a new self-signed HP certificate is installed which OSX does not trust and which must be set the computer manager to be always trusted.

Of course your milage may vary. Maybe this only works with El Capitan, but maybe for earlier releases of OS X also. Even so, with one easy change, I appear to have enabled scanning to two computers.  Time for a happy dance, at least for now.

Good Luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.