Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 14 Spectre A9P67UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all!

So I've read around this forum about this topic and have seen mixed results.  I bought this computer a few years ago, generally pretty happy with it but I've run out of space and the battery is dying.  I'm trying to decide whether to overhaul it or buy new.   This is what I want to do:

Add 2nd mSATA SSD into the second slot.  I've seen a post that this HD is compatible but thats one post.  I've read around that others have had issues adding a second SSD.  Some people cant access it, some people it only shows an extra 128 GB, some got a BSOD.   The post I saw replaced the original drive wih one of these and added a second drive so both HDs were the same brand.  Is this a better idea?  Also all of the posts I've seen on this topic were a couple years old and were dealing with Windows 7.  Will Windows 10 make this more difficult to do?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-mSATA-2-Inch-MZ-M5E1T0BW/dp/B00TGIVRYU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true...

Alternatively I can try and use the same drive came with the comp in the second slot to help with possible compatability issues, but I would be limited to an extra 128GB (or possibly 256?).  

I would also upgrade the memory to 8GB and add a new battery.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220618&ignorebbr=1

Thoughts on this being successful? I'd hate to waste money on these parts if this isnt going to work.  Thanks!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @cdmdds,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP ENVY 14-3010NR SPECTRE Notebook and needing some upgrades. This system supports 8-GB (8192×1) of system RAM maximum, and  supports 256-GB (128-GB×2) Page 34 of the Service manual. The Battery information is on page 32. 

This would be due to the limits with the processor. 

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @cdmdds,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP ENVY 14-3010NR SPECTRE Notebook and needing some upgrades. This system supports 8-GB (8192×1) of system RAM maximum, and  supports 256-GB (128-GB×2) Page 34 of the Service manual. The Battery information is on page 32. 

This would be due to the limits with the processor. 

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.