Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
250G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have problem with airplane button. I need to disable it. Button is too much sensitive. If I touch it with feather it gona activate and break my connection. This is big problem for me since I need stable connecion and button is soo close "backspace" and "=" buttons which I use offten. Did anyone know how I can disable airplane button so it will not activate at all. I don't have any use of it and I don't want to cut it out.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

All this time I was looking for a way to disable airplane button, but never how to avoid it. And solution was so simple. For those who have same problem.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

All I needed to do is to unlock FN key (disable it in BIOS). And now airplane mode is disabled, unles I press FN+F12 which will  activate it again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi@Free86man,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that some keys on the PC are not working.

To answer your question, there is no such option to disable the airplane mode button, as the functionality of that button is integrated along with the keyboard drivers.

If you ought to disable it, it will, in turn, disable the entire keyboard.

Hope that answers you the question. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

But  if it's integrated into drivers, and drivers are just pice of code which tells hardware what to to, is it posible to tweak that drivers and make custom ones with disabled button? Is it possible to disable it in windows so windows will do nothing when button is pressed? Also usualy there is some type of software which allows us to change buttons behavior, does HP have it?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Free86man

Thanks for replying. 🙂 The keyboard drivers cannot be tweaked because they are programmed that way. It will require a huge change in the drivers to make Airplane mode button stop working. However, you can disable Airplane mode from Windows 10 environment. Please refer to this link which explains how to disable Airplane mode in Windows: http://hp.care/2hK9xtf

Hope this helps. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

No. That is just how to turn it on and off. Exactly the same what button do. I need disable option.  That way button will have no affect on it.

HP Recommended

I just finished with microforg support, and they give me some good pointer. Since airplane mode is together with F12 key, how can I lock FN button so when I press airplane mode it activate F12. That will help me since I don't see or use FN button at all.

HP Recommended

All this time I was looking for a way to disable airplane button, but never how to avoid it. And solution was so simple. For those who have same problem.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

All I needed to do is to unlock FN key (disable it in BIOS). And now airplane mode is disabled, unles I press FN+F12 which will  activate it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.