Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY m6-n113dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have this laptop: HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC (model  m6-113dx)

Serial number: [Personal Information Removed]

Trouble:

The mouse cursor is crazy.

Even without plugging in the usb mouse, even wihen I don't touch the screen nor the mouse pad, the cursormoves around, makes clicks, and then it closes windows, selects texts, and all stuff "it wants".

This occurs in my both  operating systems: Windows 10 and Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

The two links above have videos I made in order to show the cursor going crazy

https://youtu.be/aJ3tVZPyT2U

https://youtu.be/ERyizZ2Ay_g

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @PedroMohn,

Thank you for the reply!

You can find Touchpad drivers for Windows 10 here:

Drivers - HP ENVY m6-n113dx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Select the tab for Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices.  You should see the Synaptics TouchPad Driver, and you should be able to select Download 64-bit.

You can use the following document to assist you with finding drivers for your Linux Ubuntu Operating System: HP PCs - Frequently Asked Questions About Linux (FAQs)

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @PedroMohn,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the mouse issue, and wanted to assist you!

So the issue occurs, regardless of if you have the USB mouse connected?  Have you tried updating the drivers for the TouchPad?  Please review the following document, and let me know how it goes: Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry about my tardness on responding this.

I tried the solution you have suggested, but unfortenelly it didn't worked for me.

As you can see in the picture below, HP doesn't have support for 64 bits windows 10. (I editted in order to hide personal info).

This is really upsetting, since my HP laptop is 64 bits, and Windows is a popular OS.

I also tried to fix this for my Linux partition. I use the 64 bits Linux Ubuntu, version 14.04 LTS, but I couldn't find HP drivers for Ubuntu.

If I got this correct, HP doesn't have support for any Linux distribution.

I see that Linux isn't that popular, but, at least for windows 10, I would like a solution for the "crazy mouse" issue.

I look (anxious) forward for some solution.

Best regards,

Pedro Mohn64bitsWin10unsupported.png

HP Recommended

Hello @SDF15 ,

Sorry about my tardness on responding this.

I tried the solution you have suggested, but unfortenelly it didn't worked for me.

As you can see in the picture below, HP doesn't have support for 64 bits windows 10. (I editted in order to hide personal info).

This is really upsetting, since my HP laptop is 64 bits, and Windows is a popular OS.

I also tried to fix this for my Linux partition. I use the 64 bits Linux Ubuntu, version 14.04 LTS, but I couldn't find HP drivers for Ubuntu.

If I got this correct, HP doesn't have support for any Linux distribution.

I see that Linux isn't that popular, but, at least for windows 10, I would like a solution for the "crazy mouse" issue.

I look (anxious) forward for some solution.

Best regards,

Pedro Mohn

HP Recommended

Hello @PedroMohn,

Thank you for the reply!

You can find Touchpad drivers for Windows 10 here:

Drivers - HP ENVY m6-n113dx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Select the tab for Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices.  You should see the Synaptics TouchPad Driver, and you should be able to select Download 64-bit.

You can use the following document to assist you with finding drivers for your Linux Ubuntu Operating System: HP PCs - Frequently Asked Questions About Linux (FAQs)

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

hp sent an email asking if my touchpad envy 17 was fixed. Shocked that they would think so, I say no not fixed. dont buy hp dont call hp service. an hp guy said it is fine, many people like hp touchpad. actually is a  weird conversation, hp strategy is tell the customer they are wrong

HP Recommended

DRIVERS WILL NEVER HELP THIS TRIED MANY THINGS  WHAT HELED AND FIXED WAS  TAKING ALL SREWS FROM MOTHERBOARD AND PUTTING BACK IN NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN, UNPLUG ALL RIBBON CABLES AND PUT BACK IN, MAKONG SURE THEY ARE ALL IN STRAIGHT AND CLIP LOCKED IN PLACE

TAKE ALL SIX SCREWS FROM TOUCHPAD BRACKET UNDERNEATH TOUCHPAD LOWER FRONT, REMOVE AND PUSH TOUCHPAD DOWN TO WHER YOU CAN CLEAN BETWEEN TOUCHPAD AND COVER  I BELIEVE THIS WAS PART OF THE PROBLEM  HANGING AND NOT MOVING FREELY!  FINALLY SOMETHING THAST WORKS  3 DAYS AND COUNTING NO PROBLEMS, HOPE THIS WORKS AS WELL FOR YOU!

HP Recommended

MY PREVIOUS REPLY OF PUTTING THE ELECTRICAL TAPE INSIDE BOTTOM CASE LEFT OF SHIFT KEY  STILL HAD MINOR GLITCHES     TRIED THIS-- PULL BOTTOM COVER     THERE ARE 6 LARGE HEAD BUT TINY SCREWS IN TRACKPAD BRACKET - UNDENEATH FRONT OF TRACKPAD TAKE THE SCREWS ALLL THE WAY OUT   CLEAN BETWEEN BOTTOM EDGE OF TRACPAD TOP COCVER SO IT MOVES FREELY  TAKE ALL CONNECTIONS TO MOTHER BOARD OUT AND RE PLUG THEM BACK IN PUT TRACKPAD BRACKET BACK IN AND         PUT BACK TOGETHER    AND SEE IF THIS WPRKS FOR YOU  SHOULD WORK FINE 

HP Recommended

so dont bother with this repair and go to the next which is take out the mif=ddle four screw?

HP Recommended

in other words do just this repir and re this repair and are the four screws above the trackpad which has four screws across the top  as well? trackpad has six silver screws total while the trackpads four aacross the top are black

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.