Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
@RedRose0528,

Yes... and no difference.

When batt and plug in... LED is Amber.
When no batt and plug in... LED is White.

Either way... no LED on Power button, no fan running, no boot screen to Windows.
HP Recommended

@Dukes82,

From your knowledge has there been any recent changes to any hardware? Any upgrades? Any repairs?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
@RedRose0528,

To My Knowledge... No changes to Hardware, no Upgrades, and the bottom cover was unscrewed, but nothing looked out of place.

The person I am working on this for... her husband tried looking for the Hard Reset button... but didn't know what he was looking for.
HP Recommended

@Dukes82,

It sounds like the board might be out especially with you not getting any power output at all.  

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
as in Mobo being done??
HP Recommended

@Dukes82,

That is correct?

Thanks

HP Recommended
I need help my hp pavilion g6 won't power on at all I have removed battery held power button and removed power cord and it still will not turn on what do I do?
HP Recommended

yesterday i turned off my HP pavilion g6, today it won't turn on. charging light is ok. but not turn on. pls help

HP Recommended

Hello Ssrivera89,

I see that you are having start up problems with your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Is there any lights flashing or turning on when you try to turn on the computer?

Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hello ammaamma,

I see that you are having start up problems with your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Have you tried to disconnect the battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds?

Is the charging light solid or flashing?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.