Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC.

after i upgarded my windows 8.1 to win 10, and decided to update my amd graphics driver , after the update installation during restart the startup freezes at hp logo (sometimes startup repair start and subsequently fails).  

this happens only on this specific driver update.. not updating this driver is resulting in "display driver stopped working/crashed and now has recovered" message.

is this a problem with the driver update or i can't use this update in win 10??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @AnjaneyaAnand,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

To get things started I would suggest running the HP Support Assistant.

The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:

HP Support Assistant

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7, Windows Vista)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

I also strongly recommend running the Windows Update Tool as it may find, and update any old or missing drivers that you need.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @AnjaneyaAnand,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

To get things started I would suggest running the HP Support Assistant.

The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:

HP Support Assistant

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7, Windows Vista)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

I also strongly recommend running the Windows Update Tool as it may find, and update any old or missing drivers that you need.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.