Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-g057cl Notebook PC
Windows 8.1

This just started to happen a few days ago and now happens several times a day and is very annoying. A blue screen of death pops up saying my computer needs to restart due to error: System_thread_exception_not_handled (atikmdag.sys)

Please help me resolve the problem. Like I said up until a few days ago this never happened but now it happens several times a day at random times.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended

Revans.

Try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser and in flash.

REO

HP Recommended

Ok I will try that. I went into options with firefox and disabled it, but how do I do it for flash? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Revans.

Look here.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

REO

HP Recommended

I went to that link for step 1, but couldn't find the section it was referring to for step 2.

HP Recommended

The error happened again 5 minutes ago just to let you know.

HP Recommended

Revans.

Try this.

http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/

REO

HP Recommended

I downloaded and ran the CCleaner program and it deleted a bunch of files. I will let you know if the error still occurs, thank you.

HP Recommended

Please let us know if this works! Having the exact same problem at the moment on a similar model laptop and want to hold off sending for repairs if I can help it.

HP Recommended

Did this fix your issue?

I purchases the Model: 15-f111dx from Best Buy on 1-9-15 and it was working beautifully. I did install a flash update driver on Friday in the am and by the evening it was giving me the not so beloved blue screen error as well. It happens when I am working in internet borwsers and as you know with zero warning. BB has recommended that I bring it back for a different model but they don't have one.

I would love to NOT have to return the laptop and look for a new one if possible. Please update us.  ;- )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.