Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am looking for an answer to this same question. I agree with the interpretations above about being able to print documents from a USB drive. That is how I read the documentation. Is there another solution?

Debby Kurti
Table Top Inventing
Disruptive Learning Strategist
URL: http://www.TTInvent.com
Facebook: TableTopInventing
HP Recommended

According to HP Support this feature is not available. The closest the unit gets is the option to print documents directly from Google Drive. Only images can be printed from a USB thumb drive or an SD-card - not documents (e.g. PDF).

HP Recommended

Where would I find information about printing from Google Drive. That might be a reasonable solution.

Debby Kurti
Table Top Inventing
Disruptive Learning Strategist
URL: http://www.TTInvent.com
Facebook: TableTopInventing
HP Recommended

The app on the ePrintCenter to print from Google Drive (and scan to it) is called "eStorage". It works, but it has a number of drawbacks:

1. A password has to be entered every time you launch the eStorage on the printer.
  2. It can take several minutes before a document is retrieved and printed.
  3. You can't print more than one copy of a document at once.
  4. The layout of the printed document doesn't match the original exactly. Sometimes a one-page document will be printed on two pages, for instance.

Also, for security reasons I would recommend setting up a dedicated Gmail account for the printer to access the documents on Google Drive. Share the documents as "read-only" for this account.

HP Recommended

I can only print photos from the usb flash drive.  I need to select and print a document from the flash drive.

HP Recommended

Hello Print4me2,

As stated above by SailingDutchman, " Only images can be printed from a USB thumb drive or an SD-card - not documents (e.g. PDF)."

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,  :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I am so glad that I spent my money on this printer that doesn't do what I need it to do. My main need was to print FROM the thumb drive as we have very limited internet. I download what I need from elsewhere and save it to my thumb drive. Very disappointed
HP Recommended

Hello i am having this same issue.

and my client is not taking it lightly with us... 

This is not Good.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, so I just gave up and converted my PDF to a JPG.  Go to pdf2jpg.net and you can upload your document and convert to a jpg for free.  You can do a SAVE AS in Word or Publisher and save as a jpg also.

Hope this helps until HP actually makes a printer that does what it says it does.

HP Recommended

I've just met with this frustrating deception.  Establishing a dependable home network has not been feasbile in my territory.  I pulled the plug on my wireless printer and bought this HP and ink after spending four hours online reading the claims and reviews.   The claim of document printing via USB was the reason for my purchase.

There can be no doubt that HP is misleading customers.   This should be addressed in customer reviews.  I am disgusted. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.