Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Pazeth,

Sorry, I dont think so, because Rborland wrote:

I was pleased to establish that in the absence of a firmware update for Windows 10 one can simply use any of the updates provided for earlier Windows versions, back to XP, not entirely intuitively obvious. I succesfully applied an earlier update which ignored the absence of an RFU setting in my existing 20091203 firmware and installed this option in the 20141201 firmware. I then installed the current UPD for Wimdows 10.

Next, he uninstalled and reinstalled with UPD version 6.0.0.18449 in my post and he sloved problem.

So, after updated firmware version 20141201, please download file "upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe" at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/hp-upd-6.0.0.18849/

Then retry all steps (18 steps) uninstall then reinstall driver version 6.0.0.18449 in my post at:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/queue-document/m-p/6499411#M334800

Good luck!

dungleviet

HP Recommended

This is an odd situation.

I reported that I successfully updated the firmware on my P2055dn using ljp2050_Series_FW_Update_20141201_signed.exe.

You state that flashing with this file will destroy the device.

What evidence can you present to back up your statement?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.