Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4480
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Error message: 

"One or more components of the HP printing software are corrupted or missing. The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software. " I downloaded HP driver, but got this message: "The package was signed with certificate that has expired.  If you acquired this package recently, it may not be authentid.  Do you want to continue with installation anyway?"   Apple software update certification expired 10/24/19.  Afraid to install new driver.  This happened on two different older HP Printers and two different MAC desktops.  Running both Macs on Mohave 10.14. Help please.  Do I uninstall my software and then install new driver?  Crippled at the moment. Thanks for help

126 REPLIES 126
HP Recommended

I am also having the exact same problem with the same error messages. I've tried to reinstall the software multiple times but I'm still unable to print anything. I'm currently using an older printer (HP Deskjet F4580). I hope this can be resolved soon!

HP Recommended

I was able to print a few days ago and now nothing - reinstalled the GIANT driver package and still no go. Please fix this ASAP - I am not buying a new GD printer.

HP Recommended

I am also having the exact same problem with the same error messages. I've tried to reinstall the software multiple times but I'm still unable to print anything. I'm currently using an older printer (HP Deskjet F4480), on an iMac OS X Catalina 10.5.7 I hope this can be resolved soon!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem running and Imac running Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 6.03.59 PM.png Have an Hp officejet j5780 reinstalled the driver software 5.1 This just started as a problem today 10/22/2020 help

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, me too! The printer was literally working yesterday, and I have the same issue that other people are having. Hopefully, it'll be rectified soon!

HP Recommended

same problem over here. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  Just the other day I was able to print a document and now i get this problem.  Grrrrr! Whats going on HP? Im not one of those who can easily afford to buy a new printer in these covid times.  Please fix this issue sooner than later.  i'd like to print some things.

HP Recommended

Having the same issue and it started today. Running Mac iOS 10.15.6 Catalina on my mid-2012 MacBook Air. VERY FRUSTRATING. Please fix this HP!!!!

HP Recommended

Same problem!  Please help asap!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.