Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey, I just had this issue today. I reinstalled the application on my computer. I used the new application to print information page and it's all good. But when I used this new application to print my paper is not working again. Then I realized that the problem is not about the printer or the computer. It's the problem about the connection. You should check your wifi or the setting. I just found that my computer recognized my printer as fax and not use it as printer. 

HP Recommended

This may not help, but for the record, after experiencing a similar problem, I reinstalled the driver software in spite of the expiration.  It did NOT fix the problem.

HP Recommended

This is the error message I get, my printer was just working the other day, now its not

"One or more components of the HP printing software are corrupted or missing. The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software."

I have tried to re-install the software without any success. I cannot print anything! Help

HP Recommended

I have the same problem...tried reinstall of the printer driver for my HP printer ...HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-one.  I feel like drop kicking the thing -- but that might actually solve the problem.

HP Recommended
I think this will solve the problem!!!!!  
Printing stopped, Filter failed Laserjet CP1025

Colour Laserjet CP1025
MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi, 

I have a HP Colour laserjet CP 1025 printer, connected by usb cable to an iMac on Mac OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Since upgrading to Mojave I have been getting Printing error, filter failed.

I have reset the printing system, re-installed the printer, same problem.

I have formatted the mac, and done a clean install of Mac OS 10.14.3, same problem

I have tried a second printer of the same model (I bought another of the same model to not waste my spare toners) 

Same problem.

Next, I tried to add the printer to a Macbook pro, (Mojave) and after an apple update installing the drivers, I experienced the same problem. This laptop can correctly print to 2 different models of HP laser printers (Laserjet 2200dn and Laserjet pro 1102w, both network printers, and an Epson XP-760 by USB)

Can anyone offer any help ?

Many thanks

Glenn

4 REPLIES

HP Support Agent
1,210 72 94
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

@Mappy21,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

HP LaserJet CP1025 Color Printer is not supported with macOS 10.14 Mojave. HP LaserJet CP1025 Color Pinter driver for macOS 10.14 Mojave are not available from the HP website or Apple Software Update. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

HP LaserJet CP1025nw(network capable model) printer is AirPrint compatible. If in case you are using the HP LaserJet CP1025nw and the printer is connected to your home network, then try setting up the printer with AirPrint.

Here is how to do it:

Please ensure that the Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the steps available here to update Mac software.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign 

to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then click the minus button

at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign

, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how if this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found this as a solution to this sort of problem...it was a response to a problem someone previously had with a printer that was no longer being supported it seems...hope it helps others out...it helped me find a work around to get my printer back to functional!!!!

Printing stopped, Filter failed Laserjet CP1025

Colour Laserjet CP1025
MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi, 

I have a HP Colour laserjet CP 1025 printer, connected by usb cable to an iMac on Mac OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Since upgrading to Mojave I have been getting Printing error, filter failed.

I have reset the printing system, re-installed the printer, same problem.

I have formatted the mac, and done a clean install of Mac OS 10.14.3, same problem

I have tried a second printer of the same model (I bought another of the same model to not waste my spare toners) 

Same problem.

Next, I tried to add the printer to a Macbook pro, (Mojave) and after an apple update installing the drivers, I experienced the same problem. This laptop can correctly print to 2 different models of HP laser printers (Laserjet 2200dn and Laserjet pro 1102w, both network printers, and an Epson XP-760 by USB)

Can anyone offer any help ?

Many thanks

Glenn

4 REPLIES

HP Support Agent
1,210 72 94
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

@Mappy21,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

HP LaserJet CP1025 Color Printer is not supported with macOS 10.14 Mojave. HP LaserJet CP1025 Color Pinter driver for macOS 10.14 Mojave are not available from the HP website or Apple Software Update. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

HP LaserJet CP1025nw(network capable model) printer is AirPrint compatible. If in case you are using the HP LaserJet CP1025nw and the printer is connected to your home network, then try setting up the printer with AirPrint.

Here is how to do it:

Please ensure that the Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the steps available here to update Mac software.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign 

to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then click the minus button

at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign

, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how if this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

my printer is USB connected a HP officejet j5780 running on an iMac catalina 10.5.7  i5 16Gb have tried to install hp printer drivers 5.1 but the printer still say it is running drivers 4.0.8 deleted and added printer It see the printer to install it but if I try to talk to the printer I can't get supply levels or any information from utilities and if I try to access the scanner get failed to open connection to the device (-21345) HELP

HP Recommended

Same problem! Please update us soon on how to fix this.

HP Recommended

same problem here 😞

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! This solution worked perfectly. So grateful!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.