Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Tyrael87

What exactly do you mean with "an old installer" to reinstall Flash? Flash has been removed from my computer using the official Adobe Flash uninstall software and the Adobe website does not offer Flash anymore. The printer software for my printer from the HP website does not include the Flash software neither.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi @Tig77,

Thank you for your help. I have been trying to execute the instructions you provided, but at the first step I was not able to delete the files/folders:

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

I do not have permission to remove the files even though I have administrator rights. I was only able to run the uninstall_flash_player.exe software successfully.

Step 4 was not successful either. The flashplayer_32_0r0_344_winax.exe file did not work. I received an error message saying that the most recent version of the Flash Player is already included in Internet Explorer. The earlier version cannot be installed therefore.

When I had a second look, it appeared that the Adobe uninstall Flash Player instructions are not applicable for Windows 8 and later. I am using Windows 10 (version 19042.746). I am still having the issue with the HP Solution Center therefore. Can you please provide an alternative solution for users of Windows 10? Thank you!

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi @Tyrael,

As long as Windows 10 does not accept earlier versions of Flash I cannot do anything...

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

If you're only trying to open the original HP scan software application that is part of Solution Centre, you can open the application hpiscnapp.exe in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\ as a workaround.

HP Solution Center is still unable to open on my computer (Windows 10) without Flash software, but I am very happy that I can use the original scan software again.

UPDATE

I have tried to scan documents with the original HP scan software that can be accessed by using the executable I mentioned. You can save a scan as pdf file, but you're limited to only one page unfortunately‌‌. Maybe it is better to use the "HP Scan and Capture" software for scanning multipage documents as pdf. This tool is available in the Microsoft Store and also offers you the opportunity to adjust the page size.

HP Recommended

Hi @Neilis81,

Link to my original solution - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Digital-Imaging-Monitor-doesn-t-work...

Sorry to hear this solution didn't work for you. It worked for me on Windows Vista (and it might work for Windows 7), but for those on Windows 8 or 10 where Internet Explorer has it's own built-in Flash player and so can't install another one, the only suggestion I can think of is to try to install an older version of Adobe Flash Player. For me, the HP Solutions Center / HP Digital Imaging Monitor program has a copyright date of 2007, so perhaps installing an older version of Flash player (which hopefully doesn't have a specific install for Internet Explorer) might just do the trick. Perhaps try using version 9. Here's a site to download older Flash player installs - http://www.oldversion.com/windows/macromedia-flash-player/

Good luck!

HP Recommended

I just downloaded the same - it has a few functions I couldn't work out at first. I was in the process of scanning our old family photos and was able to scan and detect multiple photos - it would identify each photo and crop on it's own. I just found out today that if you click on 'Save as JPEG', then 'item type' - select photo. There's an option below that, which says page size -  select 'auto detect size' and it allows me to scan multiple photos like before. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.