Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

THANK YOU! This totally worked. 

HP Recommended

Here's the steps I followed -

Go to Finder on your MAC (device), Applications, and move any HP applications to trash. I had two - Utilities and Easy Start.

Also from finder, in the search field, I typed in framework and any files relating to HP, HPDM framework, move them to trash

Delete all trash.

Restart your compute

Now update your software using HP Easy Start-

1. Download HP Easy Start

2. Follow the prompts for setting up your printer.  When you get to the software downloaded open file and follow HP instructions. I chose Essential and Easy Start, as they suggested. Follow all their instructions. You don't have to re-register your device if it's already registered.

3. Once complete I chose to restart my computer again, then test printed and scanned a few documents. I can now print and scan and do not get the pop ups anymore. Time will tell.

I believe that's al - all the best !!

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Did this fix your scanner?  I can print.  I just cannot scan?
HP Recommended

It seems that downloading Easy Start and uninstalling the software and starting from scratch seems the popular choice and its seems to work in most cases.  I get the warning :

"We were not able to locate any software options for this product......."

So still not able to use an HP driver for the printer - it works using the generic postscript option but them many options I use regularly aren't available.

Using 10.15.7 and HP CP3505

HP Recommended

Thank you CAT27. The Easy Start download worked for me.  I can now scan on my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw printer.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I followed all your steps posted but when I got to select printer and continue, I got a message we were not able to locate any software for product. Go to go website and search for solutions. 
Nit sure what else to do. Called HP and talked to someone who would stay silent for 5 minutes at a time. Only thing he told me to do was to take out ink cartridges and put them back in??

Very frustrated as the rest of the world!

Any other ideas??

Thank you for posting such great detailed steps!

HP Recommended

Thank You. Did exactly the same thing but have to download the driver from HP printer driver site (old D110 photosmart). It works now .

HP Recommended

Same issues, very frustrating.  Can't talk to anyone at HP.  Apple support spent time with me and couldn't download new drivers !!!

HP Recommended

The setup should have asked you for your printer serial number, which should positively identify it. HP should then be able to confirm software for you. Did you at some point enter your serial number ?

HP Recommended

Have you tried any of the steps and ideas posted by fellow members ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.