Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2720
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

(1) I have just purchased a Deskjet 2720 & want to install it on my HP 450 G1 Notebook, which is running on Windows 8.1 (which I assumed the Printer would be compatible with).

Question: Is the Deskjet 2720 compatible with Windows 8.1 ?

(2) I do not have a Smartphone, & therefore cannot use the normal method in the "Get Started " Instruction Leaflet.

Instead I would like to download the HP Smart App &/or any drivers that are required, onto my Notebook PC, & then do the Printer Setup via a USB2 cable-link to the Deskjet 2720.

Question: Can the Printer be setup as described above ?

Would appreciate if someone provide links to detailed text instructions & video instructions, on the procedure for doing the printer setup along the the lines described above.

(2) Operation of Deskjet 2720 from Notebook PC via USB &/or WiFi.

Question: Would it possible to use WiFi & USB2 connections "interchangeably on-demand", to operate the 2720 from my Notebook PC  ?

Question: What is the procedure  for operating the 2720 Printer from the NoteBoook PC via the USB2 cable connection ?

I  look forward your kind assistance & advice.

Thank you

AlanCB42

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Alancb42

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This problem has just been resolved by a "Home Support Visit" by 2 Technicians from a local computer shop. 

They successfully set up the DJ 2720 for "Print, Scan & Copy" operation from my "Win 8.1/ HP ProBook 450 G1 Notebook PC", via a USB cable connection, with an alternative option for WiFi  operation via a Wireless Router, which the 2 Technicians also installed.

Although I cannot recall the full details of what the Technicians did, my understanding is that the  download of the Windows 10 Drivers & Software for the DJ2720. & the setup/installation of the DJ2720, was successful, by using  "HP Easy Start", which the Technicians downloaded to my ProBook 450 G1 NoteBook, as their 1st step in the process.

I have been using the DJ2720 to print & scan with ease, via USB, without any problems so far (fingers crossed).

In a nutshell. DJ2720 does work on a Win 8.1 PC.

AlanCB42

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.